CHAPTER 21

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."

Ashley's POV

Halfway through, Miss Brooke decides to give us a ten-minute break and as I walk towards my seat I see Cam grinning at me, from her seat. I smile back, raising questioning brows at her.

When I finally get to my seat, she springs out of her seat and raises her palms in the air.

"High-five me," she says and I chuckle before complying.

Some friends we have.

She takes her seat and I do, mine.

"Did you see yourself out there?" she asks, I'm sure, expecting an answer from me in return but I keep mute. When she realizes I wasn't going to say anything in return, she shakes her head in disapproval "Of course not, what was I expecting?"

I smile sheepishly at her and she returns it with a smile of her own. "You did so great, you know...," she taps my back  "...that I actually thought I was in a cinema."

"Really?!!" I ask in surprise, "Cause you do realize Miss Brooke asked me to do a scene for the second time? I think I messed up, rather. " I say and she shoots me a 'you're kidding me' look but continues anyway.

"No no! The reason why she made you do it the second was because you weren't portraying the expected emotion. Besides, you portrayed it perfectly the second time. I could have fainted out of sheer amazement, you know."

"Mmm..." I trace my fingers on my jaw as I think back to the performance.

Was I that good as she puts it?

She pulls away my fingers and lifts my chin to face her before uttering, "You're a true gem," she winks.

"Cam.." I start.

"Shush!!!" she cuts me off,  "Believe in yourself for once. You did great and it's okay to receive the compliment."

Compliment

Accept

That's easy!

"Okaaaaay?"

She gives me a look of assurance "You're welcome, actually." She says and I let out a small laugh.

Come to think of it, the lips brushing incident. Should I tell her? Mmm.....

Yes!

No!

Yes!

No!

Yes!

She's going to scream if I tell her and be extremely happy like it's her place to do so when it actually isn't. No, I'm not telling her, at least not now. Probably after school or some other time.

"Honestly, did I do well?" I ask and she looks at me like I asked the most ridiculous question ever.

But it's not that ridiculous, is it?

"Yes, you did!" She screeches.

"Are you sure you're not saying this to make me feel better?"

She gasped and hit her forehead dramatically with her palm, shaking her head at me in disapproval "Would never."

I was about to respond but the clearing of someone's throat stopped me.

We both turn to the distraction only to see someone's blue orbs staring right at us.