CHAPTER 34

It is never too late to be what you might have been - George Eliot.

Third Person's POV

"Remember, stick to the plan", It was a text from Pierson.

"Sure," Cam replied as she entered her car before driving to school.

She gets to school, her stomach churning in nervousness. She really didn't think Pierson's plan was right. Left to her alone she wouldn't want to go through with it. She was beginning to have cold feet as to what the outcome might turn out to be. But if she doesn't go through with it, it'll look as if she were a wimp just as Pier claimed. She wasn't and she would prove to him just that.

With that courage in mind, a smile plastered on her face, she leaned against her, awaiting the arrival of Pierson. A few seconds later, Pierson's car pulls up close to hers.

He gets out and walks to her.

"Good morning, sunshine." He grins, set of white teeth on full display.

"Morning." She replies. She raises a brow at him. "You're extremely bubbly and exuberant this morning. May I know why?"

"Well, no peculiar reason. It's just...."

She chuckles as she shakes her head in disappointment, "The plan! You're all excited because of the plan."

He smirks and wipes invisible dust off his shirt, "You know me too well. Stuff like this makes me happy."

"Shame on you!"

He chuckles, "Happily. Let's get going." He takes her hand in his and starts dragging her. "Today is going to be a long long day."

She lets out a breath.

"Pier..." her voice hinted worry, causing them to come to a halt, "...is this really necessary?", referring to his arm that was now around her shoulders.

"Yah! Come on! Are you backing out already?" He wiggles her brows at her.

Her eyes widen. "I'm not."

"Good."

He drags her all the way to class, his arm still lingering around her shoulder. And when they enter the class, he walks her to her seat.

"Good morning." He greets Ashley who is already in class, attention on them for their grand entry.

"Hey!" she gives Cam the what's going on look before turning his attention to him.

He waits for Cam to take her seat and when she does, he lowers his head and pecks her cheek, the action causing a few gasps from the students. With a cocky smirk displayed on his face, he walks towards his seat. Meanwhile Lucas on the other hand witnessed what happened. His eyes had kept a trail ever since they entered, being so intimate with each other. Their peck, he tried to tell himself was that it was nothing. 'Friends give each other pecks, and it's okay', he reassures himself, yet he doesn't like the way his heart tugs painfully in his chest at the sight of Cam and Pierson together, smiling at each other and being intimate. His heart felt sunk and he knew why. He just couldn't do anything about it. So with all the courage he could master he averts his attention from her, disappointment weighing heavily in his chest. The sight of them together was enough torture, he didn't want to continue living in it.

"Class!" Miss Brooke's voice snaps him out of his broken-pained state. "How was the weekend for you?"

"Boring!" One girl yells.

"Amazing," Another boy says.

"Good! Tiring! Interesting! Phenomenal!", were other replies coming from the students.