CHAPTER 14

"Peace begins with a smile."- Mother Theresa.

Ashley's POV

Lucas!!

Oh my God, Lucas is in!

Lucas is iiinnnn!!!! I can't believe this.

I'm so so dumbfounded. And just looking at him reminds me how much I've missed him. His face, blonde hair, wet and curly. Gosh! he's so tall now— and oh still thin—lanky as ever. Jaw sharp, shoulders broad and muscular, muscles slightly burly. He looks completely ravishing and vivacious. Just wait till Cam sees him.

"Aren't you going to give your favorite person a hug?" he steps in and opens his arms wide, a goofy grin evident on his face. Without faltering for a bit, I take tiny steps forward and engulf him, breathing in his masculine cologne as his arms go around me, he rests his chin on my head.

"I missed you." He says before lifting his chin off my head and lowering his head to peck my forehead letting his lips linger a tad. This action forces a smile onto my face.

"Me too, I missed you more," I whisper before pulling away, he mirrors my actions He untangles his arms and squishes my cheeks together, the action forcing a giggle out of me.

"Come on." I grip his palm and pull him to the dining area.

Once we get close, all eyes including Cam's —struck with recognition— turn to us as we approach the table.

"Luke!" Dad exclaims, "Welcome back."

"Thanks." Lucas flashes him a smile.

Mom gets up from her seat with a bright smile on her face, she heads for Lucas and engulfs him in a hug, "How was your flight?" she asks when she pulls away.

"Honestly, it was..." he turns his attention to Cam, "fun." He flashes her a grin and I hear the sharp intake of her breath.

I see! Having effects already.

"You came right on time for dinner, come on, join us." Mum ushers him into a seat across from Cam.

 Cam, I almost nearely forgot her, she's looking at Lucas with wide drooly eyes, I steadily take my seat beside her. I could already picture her reverie, I bet she's in la la land fawning and squealing over him. I can't blame her tho, Lucas looks like those hot models on the face of brand magazines, or better still that drool-worthy actor you can't help but have a silly crush on.

Footsteps wander down the stairs and when I turn my head to the source, I'm met with Dylan's face. I watch him take further steps down the stairs, without taking a real close look he walks to the table and takes his seat on one of the chairs, the one beside Lucas, across me.

"Lucas.." I say and Dylan whips his head to me and then towards the person beside him, Lucas, "...I was expecting you tomorrow, how come you're here today." I slightly furrow my brows questioningly at him.

"Yes, exactly! why are you here?" Dylan spits out harshly and I frown, I thought he was past this.

"Dylan!" Mum scolds disapprovingly, "Watch your words." she shoots him a glare, a daring one at that.

Lucas ignores his rudeness and replies, "I decided to take an early flight just to come see my favorite person." A smile graces his lips.

"Really?" I wiggle my brows, probing further.

"Of course." He gives me an 'I mean it' look and I hear Dylan scoff.  Yet again, Lucas ignores him. He's acting more mature than I expected.