CHAPTER 49

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth."
-Muhammad Ali.

Third Person's POV

"Guess what?!! Guess what?!! Come on guess." Cam excitedly squeals on the phone.

"Something's happened?" Ash asks.

"Yes, and I want you to guess what it is."

"Me?? Guess?? You know I'm not too good at it."

"Of course I know but still, try. Just try."

On the other side, Ash remains quiet, thinking. "You went out on a date again?" She asks after coming up with a guess.

"Exactly. How did you know?"

"You asked me to guess not long ago, remember? I was just guessing, and it was actually correct. Wow! I'm a pro."

Cam giggles, "But how did you put two and two together?"

"You normally sound like this when it's got something to do with Lucas. And putting two and two together, I just got it. Yeah."

Yet again, Cam giggles, "Yeah, Something else happened, guess."

"He asked you to be his girlfriend and you finally accepted. Right?!"

"Yes! And I'm so happy. Oh my gosh, this feels good. So freaking amazing."

"It does!"

"Aaaaargh!" She squeals, "And then he kissed me, his lips. I can't believe I was missing out on this. Goodness!"

"TMI girl, too much information."

"Well, it's an honor to hear me say all these."

Ashley chuckles, "You're crazy."

"Psst!"

"Lucas has been smiling like crazy, you've really got him wrapped around your fingers, haven't you?"

She laughs. "Not really!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

"I have to inform Pierson, talk to you later, Okay?"

"Okay."

"Don't miss me too much."

Ash smiles, "I won't."

Cam calls Pierson, it rings and after a while he picks it up.

"Oh my Gosh!" Was the first thing she mutters.

"From the sound of your voice and the all excitement emanating from your side, I guess you finally gave the poor guy some peace by accepting to be his girlfriend. Is it so?"

"Yes!!!" She laughs, "But I wasn't stressing his life, was I?"

"Oh darling, you were. Making him antsy and insecure of your stance with him is no fun, I tell you. At least now he gets to relax and be protective of you, without having to worry about anything."

"Oh, Pier, you're a handful, you know?"

"Nada."

"So how is she?" She asks.

"Who?" He searches his head for what she was referring to or who.

"That secret admirer locked up in your head somewhere. I know you have someone you have a crush on."