CHAPTER 47

Hi

Quick question.

If Grayson and Ashley were real-life celebrities, who'd you want them to be?

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth. "-Albert Einstein.

Third Person's POV

Lucas' car was parked in Cam's house.

"I had a great time." Cam grins.

He smiles, "I'm glad you did, so would you be my girlfriend now?"

She shakes her head, "We've been on one date so far. It's not enough. As much as I enjoyed it, I'd like to go for another one."

He sighs, "Can I get a hug, at least, for my effort?"

She thinks for a while, "Okay fine, Come're." She opens her arms wide and stretches forward and he gladly engulfs her, arms going around her, head resting in the crook of her neck. She runs her hand through his blonde locks, playing with them.

"You have a nice hair, you know." She mutters and he pulls away slightly to watch her face, hands resting on her waist.

"I don't."

"Well, I'm telling you." She continues to run her hair through it, a goofy grin on her face. She was enjoying the feel of it.

"Yes ma'am." He chuckles.

A frown replaces her smile, "Don't call me that, it sounds eew in my ears."

"Okay, ma'am." He says again in a tease and she shoots him a glare amidst a grimace.

He was amused, to say the least by her facial expression. What was wrong with the word ma'am? "I was just kidding."

She wasn't having it. She swats his hand away from her body.

"You know, that waiter, he's so frigging hot, goodness!" She exclaims, fanning herself dramatically. "You and I can't deny it. I think I'd have to go back to the parlor sometime to get his number. I bet he'd be sooo glad I came back."

The humor cleared off his face and now it was her turn to smirk evilly. She knew fully well that her statement would definitely tick him off but she still played it cool, having an innocent expression on her face, while he had a stony expression, almost like he was ready to injure someone.

Anger swirls in his orbs and he clenches his jaw. "I thought we were over this?"

"Yeah!" She replies in a singsong voice.

"So why are you bringing it up again?"

"I don't know, maybe because I just realized he was too hot to go unnoticed." She batts her lashes.

He doesn't say anything but watches ahead of him, a deep frown etched on his face.

She laughs. "You know you don't have to be jealous right? I was just kidding."

He scoffs, "Of course! That's what you'd say."

She pushes herself even more closer to him, turns his face to meet hers, and cups his cheek, looking at him dead in the eye. "You don't have to be jealous of other guys. It's you I like and not anyone else."

He sighs, "Are you sure?"

"Just you." She smiles and his gaze softens.

He cups her cheek and she leans into his touch. "And I like you even more."

Her cheeks tinge pink. "I've got to go." She pecks both of his cheeks and ruffles his hair, again, making it messier than it already was before exiting his car.