CHAPTER 40

Ashley's POV

Omg! I've been hyperventilating ever since, you know. I'm so happy I accepted him as my boyfriend. It's been exactly two weeks since he asked me to be his girlfriend. After we got together, three days later he had to travel with his Dad because of the Christmas season. But now it's over and we're in a new year. They traveled to go celebrate this season with his family and trust me when I say, we've been closer than ever before, with me being his girl and all. Throughout the time he's been away, we've made sure to speak to each other almost every day. Every single day, morning and night. We Facetimed in the mornings mostly, and he was the one who asked for it. I didn't buy into the idea but I didn't want to be an awful girlfriend already so I just allowed it. The first time we did, I was so anxious and super conscious of my looks but now I've gotten better. Anytime we Facetimed, he would compliment me, saying I was pretty and that he couldn't wait to see me again. I would blush and look away from the phone and he would tell me not to be shy. I would look back on the screen and he would say something funny just so I would laugh.

I've been the happiest, these past two weeks. Being with him made me realise that I truly liked him and that I needed a little push, whether from Cam or him. My heart flutters anytime I see that he's the one calling my phone. To tell you the truth, he looked even more handsome when we Facetimed. He always looked genuinely excited anytime we would Facetime. He couldn't stop reminding me of how much he couldn't wait to come back to see me. He said he'd missed me. I miss him too but I just couldn't say it.

When I told Cam on the phone that Grayson asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes, she screamed so loud over the phone, that I had to move it away from my ears. She couldn't stop saying how she had patiently waited for this moment.

Finally! Today he's coming back. The day's here and he's to come back from the trip with his Dad today. I've been expecting him to walk right through my door ever since I woke up yet it hasn't happened. Not like it would but I miss him so badly, it's overwhelming.

__

"Ash, someone's here to see you." I hear Dylan's voice yell from downstairs.

"Coming," I yell too and hurriedly rush out to meet whoever it is. Might be Grayson. Hope it is! I get down to see Dylan at the door and when he notices my presence he leaves the door for me. I step out shutting the door behind me once I see it Grayson.

My tummy flips funnily when I take in his appearance, "Um, hey!" I say out of breath and instead of a reply, he rather engulfs me in a hug, placing his arms around me, tightly.

Certainly didn't expect this, but I can't argue. I love it.

"I missed you." His lips move on my skin breath tickling my neck. I smile and place my arms around him too.

I took my time before saying, "Missed you too." I confess and he pulls away, staring at me, admiration dancing in his blue orbs.

"Really?" He asks, almost like he didn't believe me. I don't blame him, I understand him. I never reciprocated it whenever he said he missed me over the phone.

"Yes," I say and his arms go around me for the second time, and engulfs me in another hug. I smile at him.

I pull away. "Come inside?"

"Sure."

I re-open the door to lead him inside. I take my seat on the couch and he sits beside me. Dylan on the other hand was sprawled on one of the couches. Seconds later Lucas descends the stairs.

"Ash, did Cam tell you where she went to today?" He asks and when his eyes land on Grayson he nods in acknowledgement before turning his attention back to me.