CHAPTER 5

"It is never too late to be what you might have been"- George Eliot.

Ashley's POV

I'm home in my bed with a pencil in hand and a sheet at hand, sketching anything at all that comes to mind. I'm not an artist or anything like that but I just want to see how far I can go with a pencil. Maybe I might turn out to be an artist one day, who knows? If I turn out to be one I will flaunt my artistry skills. And do you know how?.

Guess!!!

Amazing much, huh?!!.Well..... I would do anything for the people I love, those who are special to me.

Blah blah blah

Flashback...

"Um ...hi," I say awkwardly.

Grayson turns around and I notice as shock registers his features but it goes as soon as it comes.

He parts his lips to talk but then someone beats him to it....It was a girl my age I would say or maybe a tad younger. She distracted him by putting her arms around his biceps causing him to halt his actions as he turned to face her, concentration lost on me.

"Sorry for keeping you waiting. I know you probably waited for long, did you?" The girl says batting her lashes at him childishly.

Disappointment weighs in the tummy as he smiles at her. Heat rises to my cheeks as I suddenly feel embarrassed for even taking Cam seriously.

"Uh....No. I just got here."  He says.

It's obvious...I'm invisible now. Why wait?, such a waste of precious time. The little courage I had went straight through the windows. Confidence I was working so hard to build tumbles on the hard floor.

 Flashback ends...

So that was that. I couldn't stay any longer...if I did that would be shameless of me. My presence wasn't needed .....a mistake in the first place.

What if whatever happened was a sign that I shouldn't have decided to approach him? Now .... I'm gonna rephrase that. What if whatever happened was a sign that I'm not supposed to do whatever it is Cam wanted me to do? 

A sign from the heavens

So I marched back to Cam and all she did was squeal in delight, so oblivious of the fact that I was bringing her a piece of rather unfortunate news.

"How was it? How did it go?" she inquired grinning.

"Not bad,"  I answered.

"What happened? Tell me everything I'm all ears." She asked more enthusiastically than I would have liked, what's worse is that she had that annoying grin plastered on her pretty face. She's liking this whole 'Grayson thing' too much. I hope she doesn't get disappointed though.

"Nothing," I say smiling smugly.

"Nothing?!!"  She yells "What do you mean by nothing?. You mean nothing happened? How is that possible?" the grin disappears from her face at once and a scowl replaces it.

"Well, let's just say that the heavens saved me from a moment that would have been the most embarrassing moment of my life."