CHAPTER 17

"It's past because it's yesterday. Can't you see the bright lights of today?
Definitely better."- kadira_writes.

Grayson's POV

"Good morning class." Ms Brooke's voice cuts through the class' quiet atmosphere. I look up from my book and stare up at her. I look at her and I think back to this morning.

Ashley!

The guy with her, who is he to her? 

Her boyfriend?

Pssst!

Nu-uh, too possessive to be a boyfriend, if you would ask me. But then come to think of it, it could actually be her boyfriend. I mean, a girl as gorgeous as she is would definitely go in for a boy as handsome, whatever or whoever he is, to match up. You know, gorgeous and handsome. Sounds like a perfect match but theeeen...

They don't look good together.

I don't know what it is but they just don't look like a good match to me. Uh, take the boy out of the picture? Maybe.

Thinking of them alone gives me enough headache.

This morning as I stood by my locker, they walked by as they strode towards her locker which didn't come to my notice was only a stone's throw from mine, closer than I ever thought.

Isn't it even weirder that we've been close all this while yet I didn't know?

I tore my eyes away from them—don't want to look inquisitive— to focus on my locker and its content and after a series of Tick-tocks, I finally slammed my locker shut. I allow my gaze to wander and as it does so it lands on the new guy, who was already looking in my direction with an expressionless face. I turn my eyes away as I bring out my phone from my pocket to see if I have received any new texts.

I hadn't.

Curiosity gets the better part of me and I turn to them again. This time around Mr. new guys' back was to me as Ashley's lips moved, they were in a conversation. It felt like he felt my piercing gaze because immediately, he turned to me and gave me a hard look. We both stare at each other, not a single gaze faltering. Suddenly a smirk makes its way to his lips and he shoots me one last glare before turning his attention back to Ashley. I watch as his lips move and he says something to her motioning his head. Her eyes widen slightly before she turns in my direction, eyes zeroing in on me. Swiftly her eyes return to their former destination as her lips move on their own accord as she says something to the new guy, and he shakes his head.

Were they by any means talking about me?

A frown voluntarily makes its way to my face, What's there to talk about me?

Better get to class.

Right! I better get going. I wonder why  I'm still standing here in the first place. I look down at my phone for the last time before I pocket it. I lift my head and decide to look at them for the last time before heading for class but immediately I lift my head, I'm met with the view of the new guy, menacingly taking steps towards me, his hands resting in the pocket of his pants and calmness radiating off him in waves. In as much as he looked calm, his posture was speaking a different language altogether, More of a red flag.

A smirk finds its way onto his lips once he stops in front of me.

What now?

For a tiny second my gaze flickers over to Ashley whose eyes were wide as saucers as she watched the new guy approach me. When our gazes meet, she looks away, yet I couldn't help but notice a tinge of red at the tip of her ears.