CHAPTER 36

If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain

Third Person's POV

He couldn't end his already begun sentence. Deep down he knew that as much as he wanted to have her as his girlfriend, he couldn't just do it at a party that was organized by the school, or on this particular dancefloor. It could be on a dancefloor he organized or made possible but not this one. She deserved better and he would give her just the best. He was not going to ask her to be his girlfriend now but soon he would, and he so hoped her reply would be a 'yes'. God knows he would be heartbroken if she declined him, but whatever her reason might be he would have to understand her and accept his fate. She probably might not be ready for a relationship just yet. If that were the case, he would totally understand. He would only want to know if she feels the same way towards him. If she doesn't, he would know how to bury his feelings. For now, he'll keep being positive. Everything's going to be okay. They're going to be good.

Ashley stares at him waiting for him to continue but he smiles before saying. "Be my dance partner throughout the night."

She thinks of how childish his request sounds and giggles "Sure." She smiles back. Right there, her attention involuntarily shifts to her side. She sees among the crowd of couples dancing, Cam and Lucas. They were dancing just like everyone else but it was easy to feel the slight tension between them from a mile away. Their stance breathed a tense atmosphere.

Then, Lucas seemed to have muttered something because his lips moved. All of a sudden Cam's eyes widen before her lips stretch into a playful grin. Her lips move too, indicating that she said something. Immediately the words left her lips, Lucas smiles too, a smile that reaches his eyes. That was how the tension dissipated between them.

A while passes and two. The song ends and everyone leaves the dancefloor to their respective tables to have some food and drinks.

-

"I'm so tired. I can't believe I danced." Ash slurred. Cam and her get into fits of giggles at this. The event was over and they were in the backseat of Grayson's car as he drove them home.

"Me too, me too." Cam says in between giggles, "I rolled my hip and daaaanced." She continues to giggle and in between she burps. She pauses her laughter and looks at Ash, eyes wide. "Do you know what that sounded like?" She points with her finger in Ash's face.

Ash shakes her head in a mild attempt, eyes half shut. "Nooooo! What did it sound like?" She asks.

Cam motions with her hands for her to come closer and when she does, Cam holds her head and whispers "Fart!", in her ears. At the sound of that, they both fell into fits of laughter that went on for minutes and felt like it wouldn't cease.

All of a sudden, "You're pretty." Ash says.

"I am?!!" Cam asks, forcing to open her eyes which seem to be shutting down despite the effort.

"Yes! And Lucas says you are."

Cam giggles, excitement lacing it. She looks out of the window, allowing the wind to hit her in the face. She shouts, "He says I'm pretty. My crush says I'm pretty. Omg! He thinks I'm pwetty. I feel like crying." And just like that she starts crying, taking her face out of the window.

Ash holds her hands, "Don't cry little baaaby, else I'm going to be so sad, and I'll cry too. Come here." She pulls her into her chest and pats her back soothingly. Cam stops crying, hiccups, and eventually falls asleep in Ashley's arms. Not longer after which Ash follows. They both fall asleep in each other's arms.

Grayson sighs. Finally, the two girls were quiet. He couldn't quite tell them to keep it down whilst they were at it, being loud, emotional and all of that in their drunken state. He knows how drunken teenagers act so all he could do was just sit quietly. They were drunk and he was never going to hold them for it, for embarrassing themselves. But one thing that amazed him up until this point is how they got drunk. One minute they aren't drunk and the next they are. Could it be when Cam said they were going to have some girl's time? Does it have anything to do with it? Were the drinks spiked or? Thank goodness he didn't take a drink. He would have been in the same predicament or maybe much worse.

When he finally arrives at the Canton's home, Lucas and Dylan are already there.

He rings the doorbell and when Lucas comes out, he asks for Lucas' help to bring the girls inside. Lucas follows him to his car. They both open the doors to the backseat, all on different sides. Slowly and carefully they detach the two girls from each other. Gray picks up Ashley's bridal style whilst Lucas carries Cam, her arms around his neck and legs around his waist and they shut the door.

When they enter the house and climb up the stairs, Lucas shows Grayson Ash's room and he heads for his, Cam still in his arms. He was no longer in the same room with Dylan anymore. He had his room now. Besides, the main reason for him living with Dylan in the same room in the first place was because they weren't on good terms, but now they are, hence his room and personal breathing space.

Grayson manages to open Ashley's door that wasn't locked and enters, Ash still in his arms. The lights were already on, so he walked towards her already laid bed and laid her in it. He does so, slowly and steadily, he doesn't want her to wake up. But immediately her body hits her bed, she opens her eyes partially as his body hovers above her.

He tenses immediately. How come she's awake? He questions himself.

"You smell so nice." She whispers before making a sniffling sound. As he stays above her, not knowing what to do or say to put her back to sleep, she stretches her hands towards him. Before he could fathom what she might be up to, her hands touched his chest, through his shirt. When her hands collide with his hard muscled chest, even though there was a linen of clothing separating his bare chest from her hands, his body tenses immediately. Her hands roam his chest- his tux was off, he was in just the shirt- anywhere at all it could reach. She feels his chest some more and smiles satisfactorily before taking her hands off.

"You have a nice chest." She closes her eyes and snoring takes over immediately.

Grayson pulls away and lets out a huff of breath. His heart was beating dramatically in his chest. "Did t-that just h-happen?" He asks himself. He heads for the door. He turns the doorknob to open it, and whilst he is about to shut it behind him, he hears a faint 'Goodnight'.

He smiles. "Goodnight." He mumbles before shutting the door.

On the other hand, Lucas quietly and calmly tried to lay Cam on his bed yet she wouldn't let go of him, her arms were secured around his neck, refusing to budge. After a long while of struggling, he was finally able to disentangle her arms and legs from his neck and waist, respectively. He lets out a sigh of breath. He covers her with his duvet and lays beside her, facing her. She was lying on her side. She looked peaceful in her sleep. A smile couldn't help but make its way unto his lips, 'even in her sleep, she's still pretty', he thinks. He puts out the source of light illuminating the room, and in the darkness, he inches closer to her and pecks her forehead. He couldn't help it. Would she kill him if she found out he kissed her forehead whilst she slept, without permission? Definitely! She's a feisty one, he's grown to know. He'd always wished to do that and more. God help his thoughts, they weren't pretty, not one bit.

With a sigh of satisfaction and a smile displayed on his lips, he shuts his eyes, slowly basking into the web of sleep.

****** 

Hey!!

Any plans for Christmas?

Anyway, here it is. Another chapter.

How was this Chapter?

So, see you in the next chapter?