CHAPTER 35

"Self-reverence, self-knowledge, self-control. These three alone lead to power."

Third Person's POV

She mutters, "Gray!", acknowledging his presence. He displays for her his pair of white teeth, lips stretching into a smile.

"Uhm! What are you doing here? Not to be rude or anything. I just wasn't expecting you." She bats her lashes, curling her hair around her fingers.

He chuckles, and she swore she saw a slight dimple on his cheek, "I came to pick you up for the event. But... I can see you're not ready yet."

"Yeah! That's because I'm kinda not good at these kinds of stuff. Sorry for my manners. Please come in." She opens the door for him to enter and when he does, she shuts it behind her and releases a breath she seems to be holding.

"Please, have your seat." She motions towards the couch and he complies.

She stands there, a million thoughts running through her head. "What can I offer you?"

"Nothing! Thanks for asking." He continues to smile.

Just then the doorbell rings and within a second, Cam enters. Upon seeing her best friend and Grayson, she claps her hand and jumps in excitement before walking towards them. "Ooooh, I see you guys have made massive improvements. Ha! I can't wait for you to get all intimate and shit. You're taking so long." She fans herself with her palms, dramatically.

Ashley clears her throat indicating to her with a look that she needed to stop with the bullshit she was saying but Cam ignores her, rather she pauses fanning herself, and glares at Ashley. "What! Ain't it true?" She furrows her brows. "You guys are taking so damn long. It gets so irritating at times."

"I guess so!" Gray mutters and Ash shoots him a questioning glare. "Sorry." He smiles sheepishly.

"Tsk!" Cam rolls her eyes. "Well, you'll have to wait for us to get ready so we can leave for the party. Anyway, don't miss her too much. She'll be back before you know it." She winks and he blushes.

Cam drags Ash into her room, leaving Grayson downstairs.

Exactly in forty minutes, Cam and Ashley emerge, and they walk down the stairs, both in heels. Their hair was straightened to suit their makeup, which was simple, and perfect for their face and they both wore nude pink lip gloss. They were both dashing in all their glory. Their dresses fitted them perfectly, almost like it was specifically made to suit their body.

As they walked down the stairs, the click of their heels called for Grayson's attention as he looked up from his phone and turned his head in their direction. He holds his breath. Goodness! They were both looking so pretty in their way, yet the one that managed to catch his eye more was Ashley. She was descending the stairs wearing a body-hugging baby blue dress that had a slit from the knee to her heels. She looked so gorgeous and everything about her, from head to toe was just exquisite. At once, he was mesmerized by her beauty and he knew he wouldn't be able to control himself, he might not be able to stop staring at her.

When both Cam and her get to where he was standing, "You look stunning." He compliments her, voice on a lower octave.

Damn!! He likes this girl and he doesn't know if he will ever stop. Would he? Never!

"Thanks!" She blinks shyly before muttering.

He turns to Cam, "You look dashing too."

"Of course." She sassily flicks her hair and bats her lashes, a smile playing on her lips.

"So shall we?" He asks and they both nod. He holds his hands out for Ash and gladly, she takes it. He leads her to the car. He opens the front door for her and she enters. Cam with a pout on her lips, opens the backseat and sits in. He rounds the driver's side opens the door and sits. He sets the car in the ignition before driving off.