CHAPTER 13

"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems."- Frank Wikzek.

Grayson's POV

Ashley enters the class and I follow after her. I was about to tell her 'Talk to you later' but before I could open my mouth, she briskly brushed past me toward her desk. Immediately, she plopped on it, there was nothing I could do than to head for my own seat, and that is exactly what I do.

And judging from the glares from some of the students —mostly girls— it was obvious they found out about Ashley and I's bumping into each other. Their seemingly confused gaze depicts their thoughts, I bet they're wondering what's going on just because Ashley and I entered the class together.

But must something be going on for me to enter the class together with a fellow classmate?

Pierson raises his brows at me as take I my seat and Cole turns to me with a questioning look.

"What?!!" I direct at both of them.

"What's going on?" Pierson asks.

"How do you mean?" I question back.

"You just entered the class with her...." Cole motions at Ashley from her seat and turns back to me disbelief weighing his features.

"Yes!  And what's wrong with that?" I frown at him.

"If there's something I know, it's that you both aren't friends. And what was that about you both crashing into each other?" he mutters all at once.

"I don't understand. We may not be friends, but I bumped into her and we were headed for the same class so I thought why not come to class together? Is something so wrong with that?"

Shaking his head Cole shrugs and goes back to whatever he was doing.

What's his problem?

"Man, nothing's wrong with you walking to class with her." Pierson starts "Absolutely nothing, but then think of it. Can't you see there's more to it than just that? Do you know the number of times I've caught you stare at her in class? That's just so..." he looks me dead in the eyes, a serious expression marring his features. "That's so unlike you," Pierson says, conviction clear in his eyes.

Is that true?

Ashley's POV

Wrong!!!

I was so wrong. I wasn't dreaming, neither was I hallucinating. Grayson, I've caught him staring at me these past two days. Whether it was at lunch, in the cafeteria, or it was in class, or just on school grounds, we found ourselves staring at each other and whenever our gaze clashed, I would tear my eyes away from his.

And mind you me I've had to deal with rumors going around about what happened a few days ago, Our bumping into each other. Rumors of me intentionally -haha, funny- bumping into him so I could run my fingers down his chest and abs. There was this particular one that said I rammed into him only to get him to notice me since he's popular and I'm not. There was also this one that said I used voodoo to charm him so he'd be wrapped around my fingers, that's why he crouched down to help me pick up my books.

I guess he has a lot of 'girl crushes' fawning over him. Of all these hate comments, and rumors circulating, ninety-nine percent are from his so-called girl crushes. I bet the whole female population hates me now just because I mistakenly bumped into him, all thanks to my best friend.

Anyway the rumors have managed to subside, there's a new gossip going around though. Could you believe immediately I stepped onto school grounds this morning whispers were going on and on about how a hot model that descended from above—their words, not mine— made entry into the school? From their words, I presume it's a girl and I was kind of wondering who this girl might be.