57

three days had passed since the initial argument but due to the extreme stress both of them were under, more and more arguments kept occurring.

even if it was over something trivial, they were constantly making things worse for each other.

belle was in the kitchen to get a drink while dream was sitting on the counter. neither of them even acknowledged each other. they didn't look up, smile or say anything. they stayed silent and kept their heads down.

things were awkward between the two to say the least. the night before they'd both messed up. bad this time.

they both felt terrible but refused to swallow their pride and be the first to admit they were wrong. but that didn't stop the intense wave of guilt both of them were feeling.

"you're so self centred, belle!" he'd snapped again during their argument.

"oh please enlighten me on how self centred i am! truly, i'd love to hear this rant of yours again!" she spat back.

"you aren't thinking of anyone but yourself! alex lives here too, you aren't the only one who got doxed! my face is all over the internet not just yours! i get this is stressful but that doesn't give you the excuse to act like a total bitch to everyone." he shouted.

"a bitch?" she glared. "are you the one getting millions of death threats right now? i can't go on my phone without seeing at least one hundred people telling me to kill myself!"

"but you're acting like it's my fault! i'm missing my brothers birthday right now to be with you because i wanted to make you feel better! not because i wanted to spend the whole time shouting at each other!" he retailed, his voice was like venom.

"you keep saying that! it's like you're trying to make me feel guilty! you chose to stay, i didn't ask you to. i didn't hold a gun to your head and threaten you until you agreed!" she put her head in her hands for a second out of frustration, "if you want to go home then do it. i'm not going to stop you."

"that's not what i'm saying." he crossed his arms. "i want you to stop being so short with me."

"i want you to stop being so selfish." belle shot back.

"selfish?" he repeated, his eyebrows raised.

"yes selfish! every time i even mention i'm stressed all you do now is remind me that you are too! i get it, clay, your face was leaked too but that doesn't make my feelings any less valid. it's like you're making it a competition on who's got it worse right now." belle held back tears, "honestly, i'm done right now. i need time to calm down." she said before walking away.

and that's how things became so awkward. tensions were high and neither of them were that great with dealing with it.

once again their anger had to go somewhere and sadly it was going towards each other.

belle walked back to her room, struggling to not break down fully in the kitchen while filling her bottle up.

as soon as she closed her bedroom door the tears started flowing. she buried her head into the pillow and cried. cried harder than she had in a while. she didn't care if the two others could hear her.

she wanted the world to stop, she wanted everything to stop. what had she done to deserve this? her mum always taught her to treat others the way you wanted to be treated and the universe would repay you tenfold.

well, she'd treated everyone with love and respect so why was she getting this in return? why did she have thousands of people wishing she'd die or leave the internet completely?