𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

プロローグ || prologue

プロローグ || prologue

          GRASS RUSTLED FROM THE SUDDEN MOVEMENT

          GRASS RUSTLED FROM THE SUDDEN MOVEMENT. Moonlight loomed over her rushing figure the moment she escaped the batch of trees' shadows.

Every step she took was hefty, struggling with the annoying white cast that encased her left foot. What's worse is that her right ankle, on the other hand, had barely healed, hence it being still slightly painful.

Breathing in despite how hitched it is, [name] glanced behind her, trying to spot the group of men following her.

Just a week or two ago, her brother had insisted on her to study in this district for a while. Mainly because another rivaling faction of criminals targeted the yakuza organization she and her brother are leading.

With such state, she wouldn't be able to do much, let alone protect herself.

She can fight well, alright. In fact, she's a known prodigy in her martial arts classes. But right now, with a broken foot and a fresh sprain, she's clearly handicapped.

"Stupid pieces of shit." she spat under her breath, irritation gradually consuming her entire being.

Talk about unfortunate.

Adjusting her backpack while attempting not to plummet to the ground whatsoever, she poured the majority of her weight on one of the crutches.

The bag was rather heavy, considering her laptop that's full of important files she hasn't transferred to a USB yet, and unpassed assignments are in there.

"There!" one of the men that were chasing her yelled, beckoning to where she stood.

[e/c] eyes took in her surroundings, striding farther and deeper through the place.

Without thinking much, she slid the backpack that was hindering her movements across the quiet road. No one appeared to be using that route anyway, so she'll just grab it later on.

Even so, worry filled her thoughts.

[name] ran behind a tree far from their sight, reducing her vast intake of breath, lest be heard by those men.

One of them sneered. "Tsk, she's not here."

Eventually, they left the premises—thankfully.

A smirk tugged on her lips. She stood up properly, brushing off some dirt that clung to her clothes. After doing so, she made her way to the road, only to be stopped by multiple loud engines coming towards her.

Much to her surprise, dozens of motorbikes ran over her precious backpack—the backpack that had so many files she probably won't be able to retrieve by now.

Widened eyes stared at the crisis, helplessness pooling around those [e/c] irises of hers. Her hand gripped the crutches harshly to the point where her knuckles are turning white.

"What the fuck..." her words fell, still stuck in disbelief. [h/c] locks followed the breeze towards the east when they proceeded to pass by her with such speed.

Headlights were urging her to close her eyelids, however, she managed to discern their attires. They were all uniform in looks—black haori along with some signs and kanji characters embedded on the back.

Toman...?

"Oh, it's on." she scoffed, most likely planning murder on whatever gang that was.

" she scoffed, most likely planning murder on whatever gang that was