¹¹funfair

遊園地 || funfair

遊園地 || funfair

          A SHORT SHIVER RACED DOWN HER SPINE

          A SHORT SHIVER RACED DOWN HER SPINE. Blinking thrice, she answered calmly. "He's my brother."

The elderly offered her a smile. As for the siblings, they gawked at her in awe.

Remnants of slumber still lingered in Mikey's consciousness. His muscles were yielding to the drowsiness, his blond locks are disheveled, and his eyes were droopy.

"Kazuya trained under me when he was young. If I remember correctly, I think he wanted to be a detective. How is he now?"

How ironic...

"Really? I'm guessing he's a prodigy too!" Emma gushed, which her grandfather just replied with a nod.

"He's doing alright now, actually. Just busy with work."

At the corner of her eyes, she saw a sleepy Mikey subconsciously grabbed her drink instead of his. But she let it be; for one, she's just a guest, and two, he's still half-asleep.

After finishing the meal and assisted in cleaning up the dishes, Emma launched a conversation with her. "Say, you're the one who's under Mikey's protection, right? Draken told me about you and my brother."

"Uh, yeah. Something like that." she whipped her head towards Emma and beamed a smile.

"I figured." Emma chuckled, continuing their exchanges of words for a while.

"I was wondering where your bathroom is? If it's fine for me to use..."

"Um, are you okay? Of course, it is! I'll let you borrow my clothes." said Emma, watching her lighten up on the inside.

"Thanks, Emma."