²⁷oaths

誓い || oaths

誓い || oaths

          VAGUE AND BLURRY FRACTIONS OF LIGHT FORMED

          VAGUE AND BLURRY FRACTIONS OF LIGHT FORMED. Oxygen mask created a route of air solely for her.

Her own muffled breathing staggered and the prominent beep of the heart rate monitor echoed within the white chamber.

Alarm soaked to the brim, she panicked for the first few seconds until her delusions receded.

Near her knees, the white bedsheet of the hospital bed dipped and had residues of warmth, indicating that someone was there not long ago.

A myriad of pain restrained her to move freely. Although her prior injuries are now bandaged, her chest felt swollen as if there's something in it that shouldn't be there.

Indeed, the bullet was still inside her, but it only hit near a fatal organ. The doctors had allotted her time to rest before another operation starts.
Besides, her first surgery right after the incident had taken too long, draining gallons of blood; it'd be dangerous to jump into the second surgery.

It may have been a day, a week, or a month—she hasn't got a clue to the following events that followed right after she passed out. Still, she pondered heartily, agitated to tell Mikey that everything's going to be okay from now on.

Today marks the last day of this year. A gust of wind blew against the hanging calendar on the wall where the page of year two thousand six peeks.

Meanwhile, outside of her door loitered Toman's captains and vice-captains that were aware of the incident.

"You think [surname] lied for something?"

"Maybe. She probably kept her entire identity from us for a reason."

"Mikey knows that. He just needs space. It doesn't matter if she had a reason or not. He's still upset and they're obviously not fully on good terms."

Dejection dwelled within the blond. Mouth agape, Mikey kept staring at nothingness, choosing the seat farthest from the rest.