²⁴holidays

休日 || holidays

休日 || holidays

          WARMTH FROM THE COZY ABODE KEPT THEM AWAY FROM THE BLIZZARD

          WARMTH FROM THE COZY ABODE KEPT THEM AWAY FROM THE BLIZZARD. Snow somehow formed a duvet outside.

Musical notes from the neighborhood paraded through their walls. Cold toes were buried under puffy, winter blankets.

On her knees, she aligned the boxes and wrapped gifts under the evergreen Christmas tree.

Hues of Christmas' themed lights laced the edges of the house, dotted LED lights neatly tangled around the tree while ornaments were randomly festooned.

Grand platters of food filled the table; from the pastries, heavy savory suppers, candies, and whatnot that everybody lent their money for to buy—though half of it was straight from [name]'s pocket after convincing them that she's rich, which isn't a lie since she inherited wealth from her deceased parents and also earns money from the yakuza works alone.

"Mikey, where's my phone?!" Emma asked her sibling from across the room.

Casually sitting with his legs crossed on the sofa, he answered back whilst eating a candy cane he stole from the tree. "Huh? I don't know, ask Ken-chin."

"Draken!" Emma ran to him. "Do you have my phone?"

Everyone gathered to celebrate the holiday evening, reserving Christmas morning for some with their own families.

"We're taking the picture now, everyone!" Emma pulled them into frame as Hinata and Yuzuha fixed the camera's timer.

Most of them dressed in matching colors except Souya, Baji, and Draken, the latter not caring about the theme so much and deemed it to be unnecessary.

And although that's that, a click and flash ensued, capturing the displayed charming smiles they put on regardlessly.

"Merry Christmas!" everyone hailed in chorus. Emma put away her camera as all of them merrily dug into the delicious foods.