¹⁸maneuver

策略 || maneuver

策略 || maneuver

          FOREIGN MUSIC BEGAN PLAYING IN THE CLOTHING STORE

          FOREIGN MUSIC BEGAN PLAYING IN THE CLOTHING STORE. Garments and fineries were hung on racks, untouched for there were hardly any customers.

Roaming around aisles after aisles, seeking for temporary clothes to keep her exposure to a minimum for the meantime, she grabbed a black coat and tossed a pair of black sunglasses into the basket, not bothering to look at the price tag.

A matte card was pulled out of her wallet as she slides it over the counter. "That'll be one hundred forty-seven thousand Yen. Here you go, Ma'am. Thank you for shopping!" the cashier spoke, handing [name] her bag of apparel.

Right after receiving the paper bag, [name] headed straight to the restroom to wear it. She had been purposely avoiding crowded areas—or known places in general. Toman has a great number of members and they know that she couldn't have gone that far yet.

Nightfall will soon swathe Japan, hiding it in its velvety darkness. By the time she gets to her very own hideout, the platinum moon would have already bloomed fully.

Concealing most of her features, leaving her skin from knees and below being the only patent one, the coat that was dyed in an expensive black hue flowed candidly.

Waving at a taxicab, the car stopped before her as she entered. "Hinohara, please." she directed the driver as they head to the rural yonder for an hour or so.

Fulgent stars dwelled in the black heavens, paralleling the scrubs of moss that inhabits the land. Lush flowers garlanded the ample field. It would've been a limpid visage if it wasn't for the car's velocity limiting her sight.

Still, regardless of the stunning sight, she's still hurting on the inside, imagining what Mikey and the rest are feeling: mutiny? Uneasiness? Doubt? Worry? Or maybe all.

Her phone was bombarded with text messages, her friends spamming questions after questions. There were at least already fifty missed calls from Mikey too.

"Thanks." she bid the driver farewell as she pays for her fees, then departed from the taxicab.

The aroma of pinecone wafted in the air like it's its hometown, reaching for her nostrils, triggering a sense of nostalgia. Evergreen trees besieged the glasshouse structure, abundant cars were parked in the vast underground.

This place was built years ago as she started governing the territory at a young age. From guns to hackers, combatants to executives, they were all in that very place, waiting for [name]'s orders.

Resting her thumb on a mini screen, it scanned her fingerprint before the gates opened.

"Good evening, boss!" Guards lined up on the sides as she makes her way to a certain office.

Twisting the doorknob open, all eyes traveled to her. A woman in a cardigan and a ponytail dropped her tray of coffee at the sight of [name]. A guy with glasses sat in front of a computer, yet his focus was on her. Three men snacking on the couch ceased what they were doing too.

"[surname]-sama!"

"We've been finding you!" one of them gushed.

"You guys okay?" [name] asked, taking off her coat.

"Yes, boss," they answered in sync.

"Good. I want you to track where Daikokuten is."

The girl placed the tray someplace else before looking intently at her leader. "Wait wait wait—your brother is already retreating for a while, that's why they're in Kagoshima, right? I'm not sure it's a good idea to tail Daikokuten right now." she proclaimed openly which the others nodded in agreement too.

"No, we have to." she insisted. "They're targeting my...friends."

Their minds were in constant loading and lagging, processing what their boss had just said. They're simply at a loss of words after finding out that she made friends and truly cared for them, completely fascinated by her sudden change, wondering who took her out of her box.

"Okay, boys, back to work!" the woman in front of her formed a beaming grin on her lips, urging the others to grant their boss' wishes.

[name] decided to sit on the couch for a bit. Fishing out for her phone in her pocket, she contemplated whether to check her inbox. She wants to be updated with whatever Mikey's doing too, but it just aches to look at his calls being ignored by her.

——————————

mikeyyy:
[name]
[name]
[name]
are you not gonna answer my calls?
emma told me you left all of your stuff in my room
so you're coming back, right?
[name]
stop ignoring me
just answer
[name]
where are you?
[name]
did i do something?
why do you have to do this on your own?
im not helpless, [name]
you promised me you're not backing away from our deal
please
-seen

——————————

Is he really not gonna realize that I'm the cause of everything?

She kept chewing on her lips as she read his messages, putting her palms on the side of her head to somehow hide her stress from her assistants, but the tactic was fruitless for they were already throwing concerned glances at her.

"[surname]-sama, we got a lead in Minato ward. Last updated is just earlier this morning, so they should still be there."

Minato is right beside Shibuya, so if Mikey's in search of her, hopefully, they won't cross paths.

"Okay. We'll leave tomorrow. Call every fighter we have. We'll ambush Daikokuten's headquarter." she declared with a stern voice.

Her assistants didn't know how to react. One second earlier, she's all stressed and anxious, but now she looks bloodthirsty.

Tomorrow, she fights.