¹⁷abandon

廃棄 || abandon

廃棄 || abandon

          THE ANTISEPTIC SMELL RAN FREE WITHIN THE WHITE WALLS

THE ANTISEPTIC SMELL RAN FREE WITHIN THE WHITE WALLS. The steady beat of the monitor brought a sense of ease.

Sitting on a cold chair, [name] kept guard as Emma dozes on the hospital bed while Mikey naps, his head rested on the side of the mattress.

[e/c] eyes stared intently on Mikey's placid face, exploring the calmness of it. To have been close to someone like him feels so good yet so bad.

They say that you should never be with someone whose head is on the hitlist. How come that even if they're both a member of such factions, familiar with treasons on a daily, they're still being torn apart?

A tuft of locks laid atop Emma's chest, the rest sprawled on the pillow. The edges of her eyes morphed plump, a rosy tinge carrying the same intensity of her cries earlier.

She reminisced how Emma poured what's left of her tears as she thanked [name] for saving Mikey, not knowing that [name] is the root of it, if not everything.

Sometimes, she wonders if her limit is beyond what she thinks it is; if it was any other times, she would've instantly disappeared from their lives forever, just for the sake of their safety. Now she's hesitating all the time, too afraid to break off the bond she formed with everyone—especially Mikey.

Lately, she has been thinking that if she'll have to flee just to leave them out of the dangers she carries with her name, then she'll do it. If she doesn't, it's the same as digging two graves for them both.

"Thank you, Emma," she said softly.

Dismay veiled her sentiments, her decisions tangling. Her chest felt heavy, storing up all the unripe tears she amassed for days that she has yet to let go of.

Standing up, she gently ambled towards Mikey, careful not to make much noise. Bending lower, she rested her lips on his head, pecking it for a second or so. It transcended the pureness of unspoken words.