3 - Alexander Garner

First day of senior year:
(Alex POV)

"Wake up you worthless piece of shit!"

I jumped up from the thin piece of mattress that I call a bed and hastily untangled myself from the dirty thin sheets. "I'm up sir" I called back to my father to let him know I was awake so he wouldn't come barging in.

With a sigh I make my way over to a dirty duffel bag that had my few pieces of clothes in it. I choose an outfit, not that I really have much to choose from considering my wardrobe only consists of about 5 underwear 3 jeans 4 shirts 2 pairs of socks 2 pairs of pjs that I was lucky to get and a pair of worn out sneakers, so I basically wear the same thing every week.

I exit my bedroom, I wouldn't really call it a bedroom after all it held no significance to me whatsoever, it was just a little dirty box that I reside in, with four very dirty walls and an even dirtier floor. I make my way across the  hall towards the bathroom and made sure to lock it behind me, who knows what state that man is in.

I rid myself of my clothing and hop in the shower, turning it on I felt the first droplets of cold water hit my body. Yes cold water if you've been paying attention you'd realise that we're not really rich and a heater is well not a necessity as my father had put it. Like he knows anything about necessities when all he does is drink and bash me with his awful words.

Its been like this ever since mom died, he just became a whole other person; he no longer was the loving father I had grown to know.

I quickly do my business in the shower and wrap a towel around my waist viewing myself in the broken mirror that hung behind the door. I was about 5'5 , not really skinny as your typical nerd should be, I actually have a six pack definitely not as defined as those jocks but its there! and I got muscles too, I'm a brunette with blue eyes and cherry lips I think they call it?
I make my way back to the bedroom and put on the day's attire. I fling my school bag over my shoulder and run downstairs.