19 - Knock, Don't knock?

(Hailey's POV)

Ugghhh what the fuccckkkk!!!! I stifle my scream with my pillow, or should I say the hotel's pillow? Whatever that's not the point! The point is I just frikin told alex off, and I even mentioned Asher, his bully for gods sake what the hell is wrong with me!! All he did was ask if I wanted to sit together, which is totally normal since we're friends now, but all because my other friends were on the bus I totally fucked him over! Speaking of which why the hell were they even here? If they even think I'm breathing the same air as him they'd kick me out of the group in a nano second! Even despite being filthy rich. Of course being rich helps get you up the social ladder but only by a tad though, to get to the top at this school you have to be super hot and hang with your own social group. And Alexander isn't in my social group....you get what I'm saying?

I could literally see the confusion and shock on his face "Ugh I'm such a bitch" I screamed into the pillow again. Your probably wondering what my roommate thinks of this sort of behavior huh, well guess what I don't have a roommate, no way I was gonna bunk with some random kid so I just bought a room for myself easy peasy.
Soo yeahhh I just laid on the bed thinking my life over until I finally grew a pair and decided I had to apologize to Alex, for my inheritance sake and for something else I couldn't really decipher just yet.

~•~

It wasn't really hard finding Alex's room just a few bribes here and there nothing I couldn't handle. Now getting inside the room is a whole other story, as I'm pretty sure he has a roommate cause let's be honest there's no way he's able to buy a room for himself, the thing is though his roommate could be anybody...anybody at all maybe even someone from my pose, and if they saw me here no doubt it would raise suspicion. I am currently pacing the little space in front Alex's room door measuring my chances of running into someone I know, and by measuring my chances I mean I'm peeling the petals off a flower I found as I was about to take my fourth step to the right.

"knock"

Peel

"don't knock"

Peel

"knock"

Peel

"don't knock"

Peel

"Knock"

Well shit ....I internally groan as the very last petal escapes the stem. Its now or never I guess... Clonk clonk clonk the sound of my knuckle tapping the door could be heard throughout the empty hallway. The door swings open and on the other side of it is a very sleepy boy who is not Alex, but also no one from my pose.

"what do you wan-" his eyes almost fall out of their sockets when he notices me. "uh umm miss Lena uh hi?" he rushed out trying to straighten his PJs.

"where's Alexander?" I cut straight to the chase.

"you know him? Well hes um, he's actually taking a shower right now" he replies pointing to the closed door inside the room.

"stay out here" I instruct and push pass him into the room. He nods his head and exit the room closing the door behind him.

I make my way over to the closest bed and sit on it waiting for Alex to come out. After about 3 minutes I hear the bathroom door open however I don't move as the place was plunged in darkness and he was unable to see me. He walks over to the bed on the other side of the room and get in it wrapping himself up. However he doesn't go to sleep, i could tell from his uneven breaths, he seems to be in deep thought about something. I watch him for a few more moments until I realized I was being a creep and rose from the bed standing on my feet.

"Tony?" I hear Alex call out, probably heard when I was getting up. I remain silent for a few moments and I see him sit up in bed, probably starting to freak out.

"I'm sorry" I say into the darkness. Alex jumped out of bed when he heard my voice and
quickly turned on the lights.

"what the hell Hailey!" I could tell I was the last person he was expecting to see in his hotel room. Anyways another 15 minutes was spent trying to get Alexander to forgive me. I even hugged him! I just want us to be okay for some odd reason, I normally don't care who holds a grudge its not like they could do anything about it. But with Alex its different for some reason...

"Me and miss Lena are done here" I hold his cold gaze as his roommate scrambles back into the room. As you guessed the little nerd hasn't forgiven me. He just doesn't understand that my reputation can't be jeopardised. Well then again he didn't beg for us to be friends, that was all my doing. And he did say we don't have to be friends anymore, but a part of me wants to get to know Alex, wants to be his friend. I leave the room and head back to mine thinking of ways to have Alex as a friend and keep my reputation safe too.

~•~
Comment what you guys think Hailey should do.