41 - Hey Alexander

Slowly I walk over to her, tears rolling down my face.

"Hails?" I call out softly, hoping this wasn't a dream.

"Alex" Hailey breathed, a chocked sop escaping her lips. She holds out her hands, gesturing me to come closer.

Without hesitation, I fling myself into her arms, and she rubs my back while I sob into her shoulder.

"Oh Alex" she coos softly holding me tighter

"I could hear you, every single day u came I could hear you, crying, begging for me to wake up, and I tried so hard baby I swear, I tried so hard to open my eyes or make a sound or something" Now she too was sobbing softly.

"I missed you so much Hailey, you don't know how eerily quiet the place has been without you yelling at me, the one thing I thought I'd never miss, I missed the most" I begin to sob harder.

Hailey chuckles softly "Don't worry, I'll be home soon so I can yell at you all you want love"

I couldn't help but laugh.

"Hey Alexander" a voice behind us calls

I turn around to see that it's one of Hailey's nurses I've gotten friendly with in the past month.

"Yes, Maria, how is Hailey doing? " I ask wiping my tear stained face

She glances at Hailey for a second then quickly turns her attention back to her clipboard

"We checked her vitals, everything seems to be good, her concussion is gone, and her back is almost done healing, she should be able to walk a little but its best if she stays in bed as much as possible to finish the healing process. She'll be given a back brace and pain medication to help. We want to keep her here under observation for two days, just to make sure everything is alright."

"Oh Thank God" I breathe.

"You hear that Hails?" I ask turning to Hailey "You're gonna be fine."

She gives me a small smile and turns her attention back to Maria.

What's that about...

I decide to ignore it for now since we weren't alone.

"Is there anything else Maria?" I ask, noticing that she's still standing there.

"No, that was all" she says giving me a smile.

"Oh okayyy" I drawl, since she was still standing there staring at me not saying anything.

"I think my boyfriend is tryna tell you to leave sis" Hailey blurts out, looking Maria dead in the eyes.

My face goes bright red from my girlfriend's straightforwardness and I apologize to Maria, to which she nods and finally leaves.

Slowly I turn back to Hailey, an unimpressed look on my face.

"Hey Alexander" Hailey mocks in an abnormally high voice.

I sigh and go sit next to her on the bed, pulling her into my chest.

"Maria was not flirting with me babe" I say, messing with the already horrible ponytail on Hailey's head.

"pfft, trust me Alex, I'm a girl, I can spot these thirsty bitches by a mile.

I chuckle softly, throwing the blanket over us as Hailey got comfortable in my chest.

We drift off into a comfortable silence, Hailey had yawned a couple times so I know she's getting tired so I rub soothing circles on her back, hoping to lull her to sleep.

"I'm really happy you're back Hails" I say, kissing her forehead.

" I'm really glad I'm back too Alex"

Just then Maria comes back into the room.

"Uh..um the doctor needs a urine sample from the patient, the bathroom is right down the hall, you'll find containers there" she says still looking flustered from before.

"Oh okay thank youu Maria" i nod

"Yeah" she says, pratically running out of the room.

"Bitch" I hear Hailey mumble under her breath.

I chuckle softly "okay drama mama, time to get you up"

I gently help Hailey off the bed and we make our way down the hall to the bathroom.

"You want me to come inside with you?" I ask her.

"Pfft im not crippled Alex im sure i'll be fine" she rolls her eyes playfuly and make her way into the bathroom.

I situate myself outside the door of the bathroom leaning against the wall.

Suddenly, I hear a gut wrentching scream erupt from the bathroom.

"ALEXANDER WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO MY HAIRRR!!??"

Well, thats that. Lolll
Author~•~