30 - Room B14

The days passed by in a huge blur. Two weeks ago I was walking across the cafeteria to what was once the scariest table, to the one I sit at almost everyday now. I was no longer getting bullied, I had a bunch of acquaintances and guess what... Hailey and I were out to the whole school a few days now. People took it as a major shock believe me, my fellow nerds now look up to me, some of the girls were sad from what I heard. Apparently 'just as I was getting sexy miss Lena swept me off my feet'. If only they knew.

I'd started football practicing with the guys and going to the gym often with them too, trying to get them to warm up to me or whatever. Well all except Daniels. I can see right through his act and from what I can tell...he's definitely not okay with the situation. I'm confused though, he was the one who came up to me and brought me over there. He was the one who introduced me and all, so why would he do that if he doesn't want to. He's literally the Alpha of the school he can do whatever he wants, yet here he is doing the opposite.

"don't stutter when I'm talking to you punk!" I hear a loud gruff voice and the familiar sound of a head meeting metal.

"hey, what's going on here!?" I shout walking toward the voices. When I was close enough I see Brandon (one of the jocks) holding an emo looking kid against the lockers by his collar. Brandon raised him up so his feet were off the ground, the kid's eyes were brimming with tears, his books scattered all over the floor. I feel a wave of deja vu hit me as I take in the scene before me.

"This little piece of emo shit pushed me when I was walking by" Brandon seethed raising him up even higher

"I- it wasn't intentional, I d-didn't see y-you" the smaller boy cries.

"I said stop stuttering idiot!" he screams in the kid face about to hit him. However before he could I intervened.

"c'mon man let him down" I say catching Brandon's fist in my hand just in time.

"What the hell Garner, he pushed me!"

"it wasn't intentional, why'd he start a fight you'd obviously beat him to a pulp" I try to convince him.

"Whatever man, let's just go" he releases his grip on the boy and he falls to the floor in a heep. Brandon rolls his eyes and walk to class beckoning me to follow since we had the same period.

"I'll be right there" I tell him, he seemed hesitant for a moment but walked off.

"Thank you Alexander, I really need to watch where I'm going" he says softly brushing out his wrinkled clothes.

"No problem.....uhh"

"Brian"

"No problem Brian, I used to get bullied every single day, its terrifying I had to help" I say

We drift off into light conversation until he was done stacking like 20 books on top of each other.

"well I better be going now..." he says he was a bit shorter than me and the books were stacked so high.

"no wonder you didn't see him, those books bouta swallow you up" I laugh patting his head lightly.

"yeah I know, I've got it now though...see you around" and he passes me and goes in the direction that I was just coming from.

"Careful" I say, and as I was just about to walk off I hear a soft crash.

I turn around a soft smile playing on my lips, two guesses as to what made that sound.

Brian had hit into something again seconds after he assured me he was good and was now trying to keep his balance. He turns and smiles sheepishly at me. I chuckle lightly and make my way to class.