27 - Fashion Nova Haul

(Alex's POV).

The next morning I walk to school feeling like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. This morning I didn't wake super early so I could avoid seeing my father. This morning I didn't drag my feet along to kill the time because I was too early. Nope. This morning I was skipping along the sidewalks with a smile on my face.

Well not actual skipping dumbo, that'd be weird. But I sure was smiling.

Few minutes later I reach the school and after stopping at my locker I spot London at hers fixing her makeup. I'm guessing she has one of those little mirrors glued inside. I don't let the fact that there's a whole bathroom for that exact same purpose ruin my good mood and go over there and hug her from behind.

"good morninggg" I say in a sing song voice

"whats the occasion?" she asks boredly still applying her lip gloss.

I release her from my grip confused. "Occasion?"

"yeah" she shuts her locker and leans against it giving me her full attention

"why you in such a good mood...what happened?"

I scoff "so you're saying I just walk around in a bad mood all the time?"

She pauses for a moment, and I'm starting to think she's actually thinking about the question.

"you know what, don't answer that" I say hurriedly

She sighs "fine"

"Good"

"sooo?"

"so what?"

"the reason you walked through those doors looking like Sponge Bob on his way to work"

"oh....nothing just got some family stuff sorted, went really well" I say smiling

"Well if this family stuff, is the reason you look like a zombie everyday I'm glad it's fixed Lex" she smiles and pulls me in for a hug.

"ugh not Lex" I whine pulling away.

"Ssh, don't ruin the moment" she grabs me and hugs me even tighter now and I? I just scowl.

~•~

"yes for the hundredth time my head is fine! it was just a grade 1 concussion, everything is completely normal."

Hailey stares me over eyebrows raised

"Then why are you happy?"

My mouth falls open, to say I was offended would be an understatement

"What is up with everybody today! What can't I just be happy?!"

We're in literature right now waiting for Mr Smith to show up. I had walked in minding my own business when Hailey forced me to sit in the seat next to her and proceeded to ask me about my concussion since apparently she came to the conclusion that my head injury is the only reason I'm giving off ...and I quote, 'happy vibes'.

"unless your nose is in a book, actually no" she answers shaking her head.

I roll my eyes. "whatever its nothing"

Just then Mr Smith arrives, saving me from this conversation at least that's what I thought. He greets the class and walks to the front and begin to take names.

"Alexander?" he calls, looking around the room

I raise my hand since I'm too shy to talk in front all these people.

He marks something off in the register and then I remember.

The register!

Please don't say it....