7 - Due Date

(Hailey's POV)
I was on my way home with my friend Lila Blanks aka co-captain of the cheer squad and Rachel Matthews just two of the few girls I could stand to be around for more than an hour at a time. The girls had asked to come over for a little bit and me being me wouldn't say no. We pulled up in my huge drive way and I tossed the Butler my keys while stepping out of the car. We made our way to the front door and the Butler hurriedly comes to open the door for us mumbling a quiet "good evening miss Lena" I hummed in response and stepped into the house with the girls in tow.

"I still can't get over your house hails!" Rachel screeched

"I known right it's like so fab" Lila agreed looking around.

"okay, okay girls up to my room we go" I said as I ushered them up the stairs. "maid we'll need snacks upstairs in 15 minutes!!" I shouted behind my back to whatever her name is and followed behind the girls.

"So how was your guy's first day?" Lila asked as she sat on the sofa.

"the freshmans are so tiny and literally have no fashion sense it makes me sick, when we were in our freshman year we were the bomb" Rachel scoffed rolling her eyes.

I chuckle at this, she's right, in our freshman year we were clicking heels down the hallway.

"what about you hails, anything interesting?" Lila questioned coming out at the edge of her seat.

"Asher is so hot" I exclaimed biting my lips

"ahhh girl speaking of that hunk a meat when are you guys gonna make it official!!??" Rachel rushed out between squeals

"Yeah come on Lena y'all been hooking up since we were juniors you guys would be such a power couple " Lila admitted, just as excited as Rachel.

"official? Hey he's hot and all and I got him wrapped around my fingers but commitment is one thing this girl don't do" I retorted scoffing at their ignorance.

"Wahh" they both replied astonished by my answer obviously they were expecting something else.

"come on guys do I look like the girlfriend type to you? I wanna be able to fuck anybody I want when I want and Asher is just another one on the li-"

"miss Lena your snacks is here" I recognized the maid's voice right away and told her to enter. She came in carrying three bowls of fish and chips and three glasses of red wine. We took the tray and ushered her out. Continuing our conversation from before we were interrupted.

~•~
It was about 11:00 pm and I was in my Versace PJs and ready for bed. Just as I turned on the air conditioning I saw my computer screen light up. Walking over to it I put in my pass code and see that I have a new email. I open it and see that its from Mr Smith with more details about the group assignment.

To be honest I completely forgot about that, ha ha as usual. But I need the grades for this class so yeahh. I read over the information in the email which consists of the due date which was a week from now. I sigh guess i better talk to that Alexander kid tomorrow at school. Ouu wait until Asher hears I'm paired up with his prey. I shut down the computer and jump into bed with a chuckle.

~•~
(Alex POV)
Once I reached what I call my house I mentally prepared myself for what I would find inside. I pushed open the front door to find my father passed out on the ugly living room couch with empty beer bottles littered all around him. With a sigh I take my shoes and bag off and place them on the ground.

I take up all the empty beer bottles and throw them in the trash. I then wet a towel to wipe my fathers face of his vomit. When he was all cleaned up I hauled him upstairs to his bedroom and shut the door behind me.
Knowing he would be passed out for the night I watched a few episodes of F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

I would've preferred a harry potter marathon as I was extremely lucky to have gotten all the CDs when mom was alive, but there's no way i would finish that tonight.

After about 3 hours of laughing at Joey's stupidity I started to feel sleepy and dragged myself upstairs. I changed into my PJs and climbed onto my mattress cuddling up with my sheets getting whatever warmth I could from them.

Without realising it my mind drifted to the group assignment...I don't have a phone how will we stay in contact?And I'm sure the due date is soon! Ugh ill just have to grow a pair and actually talk to her at school, that's before or after she heels me in the shin of course.