28 - Sexy Nerd

(Alex's POV)

I did not get the best sleep last night. I was twisting and turning all night, my Father's words on replay in my head.
The alarm on my phone goes off I groggily get out of bed and head to the bathroom. After washing my hair with my new shampoo and conditioner and showering with the new vanilla coconut body wash. I come back to the room to get my clothes, then an idea came to mind.

I should wear some of my new clothes!

The thought of finally changing my wardrobe filled me with excitement and I dig through the lot of bags to find a suitable outfit. I choose a pair of white socks and white high top Air 1s or whatever their called, then I took a grey sweatpants and paired it with a grey hoodie. I was feeling a bit extra so I added a pair of the diamond clip on earrings, and a watch.

Using some of the hair products, I give myself the messy hair look. You know, the look that says 'I woke up like this' but you really didn't... Yeah that look. I spray some cologne, put on my new glasses, grab my school bag and head downstairs.

As I reach the bottom of the stair the smell of food fill my nostrils and as if on cue, my stomach rubles. I put my bag at the door and head to the kitchen and see my father mumbling curses under his breath and running to and fro trying to get stuff out of the pot.

I watch in amusement for a while until I decided to help.

"you have to put the spatula completely under the egg or you'll never get it up." I laugh taking the spatula from him and doing it myself

He scoffs and rolls his eyes "what are you a chef!?"

"well, when you've had to cook for yourself for 7 years you kinda get the hang of it." I say putting the egg on a plate.

He stays silent, then my breath hitches in my throat when I realize what I'd let slip out. Even though I've accepted my father back into my life I know that somewhere deep down I really haven't forgiven him completely. Maybe its unfair as he's trying so hard to regain my trust, but two days of good doesn't overrule 6 years of torture.

I take two slices of bread, add them to my plate and sit at the table across from him. We began eating in silence, neither him nor me saying anything. However when the awkward tension became too much I speak up.

"soo uh..do you like my outfit?" I decide to change the topic.

He looks up from his plate "yeah, you getting all the girls now" he teases wriggling his eyebrows, the awkward atmosphere now gone.

I laugh getting up and placing my plate in the sink. "Well too bad for them, I only want one girl"

His eyes go wide "so you admit you like the young lady that got you all that stuff?"

I scrunch my eyebrows and lean my head to the side confused.

"huh?"

"you just said you only want one girl" he says amused smile on his lips.

"wha- when did I- ohhhh" I blush bright red as I recall what I had said.

I only want one girl? Why did I say that?

"I- uhh I'm gonna be late bye!" I shout behind me as I rush out the front door, knowing that if I'd stayed any longer he'd tease me about it.

I make the walk to school, checking my watch often to make sure I wasn't actually running late. After about 15 minutes I was walking across the parking lot, the first thing I noticed was Daniels and the rest of the jocks leaning on their cars talking and laughing loudly. We make eye contact for a second and his eyes widen a fraction, I'm guessing because of my new appearance, he looks me over from head to toe and glares even harder, coincidentally we were wearing the same shoes. I gulp harshly and tear my eyes from him and enter the school building.