10 - Dinner at the Lena Mansion

(Hailey's POV)

It was Wednesday after school and I am currently out in the parking lot waiting for that twerp to show so we can go the supermarket to get the supplies for that damn project.

"hey babe" I hear from behind me.

"Asher" I turn to face him, it's been a minute since we've done.......stuff.

"I haven't been over to your place in a while" he stated smirking, leaning against my car.

"yeah, it really has been a while" I breathed out, pulling him in by his shirt.

"well how about I come over tonight? " he cooed in my ear.

"Sure, that's if you can show me a good time" I teased pulling away from him.

"oh you know I can babe" and with a wink he walked over to his car got in, and drove off, leaving me to my thoughts. That's until a certain person interrupted of course.

"eh hem" Alex was standing about a feet away from me, looking anywhere but my eyes.

"your late" I stated, "why?"

"i um- had detention for sleeping in AP English" he said nervously, obviously upset with himself for getting his first detention.

I just snorted in response and got in the car, starting it, A startled Alex running over to the passenger side so I wouldn't leave him.

This is gonna be a long evening.

~•~
We were currently....I mean Alex ....was currently in the supermarket getting the stuff he needed for the assignment which was to make a model of a setting from a Shakespeare story, i have no idea what its called, and i honestly don't give a shit.

"remind me why I had to go by myself again?" Alex questioned as he opened the car door.

Once he was seated I turned to him, this kid is getting too damn comfortable with me for my liking.

"Remind me why I owe you an explanation again?, I give the money, you do the shopping, I mean if you had money I'd be happy to go myself..." I fired back smirking, knowing damn well I had the upper hand.

This seemed to have did the job cause he just placed my change in the cup holder, and stared out the window the remainder of the ride to my house.

~•~
(Alex's POV)

"ughh mother of prickles, why won't this bleeding piece stick!!" I groaned frustrated. Its now about 6:00 and I'm still at miss meanie's house.

Let me tell you she has not come back downstairs once in the past hour and a half I've been here. I mean It's obvious I'm gonna do all the work but can't she show at least an ounce of interest?

I curse loudly as Juliet's head fell off......AGAIN! "i swear to everything I'm done!! " I holler.

"Juliet being a stubborn head again?" a voice says.

I look up and see a man maybe mid 40s that looks slightly similar to Hailey smiling down at me.

"yeah, and literally this time" I said smiling back. Then it occurred to me that this might be Mr. Lena!! The Mr Lena!! I quickly stand to my feet.

"oh, Mr Lena sir I apologise for my casualties " I rushed out extending my hand to him, then quickly retracted it as I'm sure he wouldn't want to touch me.

He let out a loud chuckle, and grabbed my hand from my side giving it a hearty shake. "no need for the formalities son, any friend of Hailey bear's is a friend of mine" he said still chuckling lightly.

Hailey bear??? What the hell?

"thank you Mr Lena but miss Lena and I aren't friends, we just have this assignment together" I say gesturing to my model , "we've been paired up for the term sir" I explain. I wouldn't want to be in a position to have to explain to Hailey why her dad thinks were friends.

"miss Lena?" he questioned

"yes sir, that's how people like me address her sir." and a wave of recognition swept over his face.

"oh? I see, and shouldn't my daughter be helping with this?" he asked curiously.

"welllll, yes sir but she demand I do it by myself and I am in no position to argue with her sir." I admit shuffling on my feet.

"well then I guess you'll need help, that gal Juliet gets pretty stubborn" he offered smiling.

"thank-you sir I appreciate it" I said sincerely. And we worked together for the next half hour.

~•~

"You got that project finished yet twerp? " Hailey shouted making her way down the stairs, right as Mr Lena finished glueing a paper knife we made into Juliet's hand.

I quickly stand "uhh no not as yet it'll take a while longer" I answered

"what do you mean it'll take longer? I literally can't stan- dad? What are you doing home so early? And why are you with him?" she asked giving me a dirty look, and her father a curious one.

"well I finished up early and ran into Alexander here trying to glue Juliet's head on... and offered my help." he explained.

"whatever, twerp you can like uhhh... Leave now, you'll pick this up...whenever."

"ye, yeah sure goodnight Mr lena" I say and hoist my bag over my shoulders. In that exact moment my stomach rumbled, loud enough for mr Lena to hear of course as luck is never on my side.

"oh Hailey I forgot to mention I invited Alexander to have dinner with us tonight " he said coolly.

Ummm what??? Me? Having diner at the Lena mansion? When the heck did this happen? I should deny the offer right this instant, but I can't even remember the last time I had a dinner to be honest. The last time I ate was that Apple the lunch Lady offered me, that's....pretty sad.

"what!!!" shrieked Hailey!! "you cannot be serious, do you see him!??"

"i don't see how his appearance has anything to do with my inviting him to dinner" mr Lena fired back.

Hailey just glared at him, and he glared back. It seemed like some form of non vocal argument. This went on for about 2 minutes until Hailey broke his gaze first.

Mr Lena held a victorious smirk on his face . I have no idea what that was about and to be honest i really don't wanna know.

Mr Lena turned to me "Alexander, join me at the dinning table will you" he said more like a statement than a question, and walked towards what I assume is the dinning table with me in tow.

Comment and comment and comment!!! Nothing I love more than hearing your opinions!!
~author