37 - Criminal

Two months after the party...

(Alex's POV)

"Woah what's up with the police cars dude!?" Brandon asks as we pull up to the Lena mansion.

"What are you talking abo-" my breath hitches in my throat when I see two police cars parked in the driveway.

Why are the police here?

Did I do something?

I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything!!

But Hailey always said being too cute was a crime!!

That can't be a crime right?

Was she serious!???

"Bro calm down, I can see you hyperventilating!"

I close my eyes and suck in a deep breath, opening my eyes while I exhale.

"Just go in there and see what's going on, and if you need anything you have my number" Brandon instructs calmly.

I turn to him and smile great fully, pushing my glasses up my nose.

"Thank you Bran"

He extends his fists over to me and I bump it with mine.

"Anytime man, now go!"

I nod and exit the car, waving to Brandon one more time as he reverses out of the driveway.

Finally I reached the front door. I was just about to open it when as quick as a flash the butler appears out of nowhere, opening the door for me.

I mumble a thank you and rush inside. I hear voices coming from the living room and I quickly make my way in there.

"Hails?" I call to her, making everyone aware of my presence. Three officers were standing in the living room, talking to Hailey and Mr. Lena.

"Babe, your home" she greets, not seeming too happy that I was back.

"Gentlemen, I think were done here, thank you for your services." Mr. Lena says to the officers, giving each of their hands a firm shake.

The officers nod and leave the house. Leaving me and the Lenas in an awkward silence.

"Soo is anybody gonna tell me what's going on?" I place my hands on my hips looking between the both of them.

"Why don't we sit down and talk" Jase suggests slowly sitting down.

I nod my head in agreement and plop down into the sofa, pulling Hailey down beside me and giving her a quick kiss on the cheek since I hadn't greeted her properly when I came in.

She gives me a tight lipped smile that didn't reach her eyes.

"Before we tell you this, we just want you to know that we love you and it wasn't your fault" Hailey says softly.

"Y-You guys are really starting to creep me ou-"

"Your father is gone Alex"

I jump up from the sofa so fast I even startled myself "What!??? What do you mean he's gone?"

Jase stands up too trying to calm me down "Its not what you're thinking he's not dead"

I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding "Thank God! Is he back yet? What're you guys talking about he's gone?"

Both the Lena's share a look, doing that thing where they communicate without actually saying anything, then slowly Hailey stands, and walks towards me taking my hands in hers.