11 - The Inheritance

(Hailey's POV)

What the actual fuck just happened? That twerp...that that rag doll....Damien's prey, was having dinner at my table!??? If word gets out that this dinner happened it'll definitely dent my reputation ugh!!!

I watch as my dad and Alexander head toward the dinning room and I slowly follow behind them, shooting daggers into Alex's head all the way.

"Have a seat Alexander, Linda will bring dinner any minute" My father aka the traitor said while taking his seat at the head of the mini dining table as it was only the three of us.

"thank you sir, and please call me Alex" Alex replied, him too taking a seat.

I roll my eyes at their interaction and heavily plop myself down in the chair across from Alex.

At that moment two maids enter the dining room balancing huge trays of food.

"dinner is here sirs, madam" the one I recognize says. Pfft that Alex is no "sir".

"ahh Linda, yes place it here" dad says, gesturing to the table.

So Linda that's the maids name huh...

She motions to the other maid to come along with the rest of the food and they quickly share our portions and leave the room.

As soon as Alex's plate touched the table, he clasped his hands, closed his eyes and quietly started praying. I just roll my eyes, ofcourse he's a believer.

Once he was done, he started to eat like he hadn't eaten in ages!! I screw my face up in disgust as I watch him. I sneak a glance over at dad and see that he too was watching Alex, however his would be recognized more as a look of ........concern? What the hell was that look for?

I shake the confusing thoughts out of my head and slowly start to eat my food.

~•~
After we were all done eating, Linda ....yes I remember her name no biggie anyways....her and the other maid clear the table of the empty plates and utensils and take them to the kitchen to wash up.

"wow, thank you for dinner Mr Lena it was amazing!" Alex exclaimed chuckling as he patted his skinny stomach.

Gross

"im sure you enjoyed it Alex" dad said in between chuckles. He and I share a look but he quickly breaks it, turning his attention back to Alex.

"oh shoot! Look at the time dad's gonna freak!" he rushed out standing up from the table. "Mr Lena dinner has been fantastic but I really have to go sir, have a good night!" and with that he ran out of the dining room.

"well....that was....interesting " dad spoke up after a few seconds.

"you think, you just made the biggest nerd of the school have dinner with us!"

"okay the dinner was uncalled for your right" he replied.

I hold back a smirk "damn ri-"

"what wasn't uncalled for though is that you had that poor boy doing the entire assignment by himself! " he sighed standing up.

Oh he wanna play? Let's play.

"So what if I did? You don't possibly expect me to be around that excuse of a human father!" I shout back rising to my feet too.

"Hailey Angela Lena, I will not tolerate your speaking ill of that boy when he has done nothing!" dad stated angrily slamming his fists unto the table.

I flinch back a bit.....only a bit! I've never seen dad so angry before, he's always so calm and collected.

"father I have worked so hard for the reputation I have now I will not let that nerd ruin it!"

He shakes his head in disapproval "you really are your mother's daughter, power hungry and stuck up!" he fired back.

I feel my eyes widen in shock and my mouth fall agape....how could he compare me to that woman!?

"Now you listen to me Lena you are going to be nice to that boy, help him with any assignments you're given or so help me you just might not receive your inheritance!" he stormed passed me fuming, muttering a quiet "where did I go wrong" on his way out.

I just stand there, completely frozen. Did has never shouted at me before more over bring my inheritance into conversation.

One thing for sure I can not loose that inheritance, it's the only reason I'm the care free person I am now! That inheritance could take my children's children through college without them having to work a day of their lives!

Ughh fucking shit! My inheritance on one hand and my reputation on the other!! What the hell do I do?

I leave the dining room, and run out the front door. I need a distraction or I swear I'm gonna blow!

"well someone seems stressed" I pause in my tracks as the familiar scent engulfs me.

Hmmm speaking of distractions.....

"Asher where the hell have you been? " I whisper yell at him, if he had come over sooner I wouldn't have had to go to that stupid dinner.

"something came up babe, but I'm here now" he flirted wriggling his eyebrows.

"whatever, let's go to your car " I said walking over to his expensive vehicle.

"the car, why don't we go inside?" he asked unlocking the car.

"I just don't want to be in the house right now okay!" I snap, why all these questions?

"i get in the backseat and strip butt naked. A look of realization flash over Asher's face.

Took you long enough.....

The rest of the night was filled with my loud moans and screams as Asher took me mercilessly right on his leather seats.

Spam the comments babies😘
~author