15 - Aplology

(Hailey's POV)

I walk through the school doors feeling tired as hell. I barely got an hour sleep all because of yesterday's......events. I knew I didn't have to come to school if I didn't want to, hell I've skipped plenty of times before.

The real reason I crawled out of bed this morning was to make things right with Alex......yes Alex.

After his outburst yesterday, he made me realize that I kinda was being a pain in the ass and even though I wouldn't normally give a shit! Seeing my father so vulnerable last night made me somewhat soft?

Long story short I'm gonna try to make things up to Alex today. Ugh I never thought I'd ever be saying these words, but here we are!

I walk over to my locker and as usual my pose appears out of nowhere. Do they just like hang around and wait for me to show up!?

A series of "hey hails" or "hi Hailey" filled my ears.

"ladies, ladies please tone it down a bit I got a major headache" I shushed them, rubbing my temples for effect.

Right at that moment the bell rang for first and kids start to exit the hallways going to their classes. I take out the books I need and make my way to first too.

~•~
(Alex's POV)

I was cautiously walking my usual route to school as I could barely see and my stomach was still giving me a hell of a hard time.

Suddenly a familiar car drives up beside me. I smile, knowing exactly who it is.

"care for a ride your highness? " London asks in a very horrible British accent rolling down the window.

"I'm not so sure if i should ride with commoners like you" I mock, sticking my tongue out.

"You'll be fine" she replied playfully rolling her eyes.

I laugh at her and get in, she turns on the radio and we were on our way.

We pull Into the parking lot right as the bell for first rings. We quickly hop out of the car and say our goodbyes rushing off to our classes, well London rushing and me trying to figure out if that thing in front me is the door or a wall.

~•~

I'm currently in literature class listening to Mr Smith talk about an upcoming field trip for our next assignment, I completely zone out at this point knowing I wouldn't be going. I rest my head on the desk, only to feel a tap on my shoulder from beside me.

"what!?" I whisper yell turning in the direction I felt the touch come from.

"miss Lena?" How the hell did she get beside me, last time I checked she was all the way on the other side of the classroom... I remember mostly because I was trying my best to avoid her.

"uh Alex I need to talk to you" she whispered over to me.

"okay...?" why is she being so weird?

"meet me after school at the first corner down the road " she instructs giving her attention back to Mr. Smith signalling that the conversation was over.

If I said I wasn't creeped out. I'd be such a big fat liar!

~•~
(Hailey's POV)

I'm parked at the spot, waiting for Alex to show. Why is it I'm always waiting on him?

"what did you need to talk about?" I turn around and see Alex standing there awkwardly with his hands in his pockets.

"lets talk in the car" I say getting in

"uh okay" he replies and makes his way over to the passenger side.

Once he was in I turn to him "i want to talk about your little rant yesterday" I state looking him straight in the eye.

"miss Lena that was a mis-" I cut him off...

"no it wasn't a mistake, after what you said I got to thinking and I agree that the things you said were true. I was being very unreasonable and I apologize"

He sits there frozen for an entire minute and it was starting to get pretty awkward!!!

"Your apologizing to me miss Lena?" he asks pointing to himself.

I chuckle "yes Alex I'm apologizing to you, and call me Hailey."

"um...thank you?" he replies unsure what to say.

"your welcome, now let's go get that project done.... I mean if that's okay with you?" I ask.

He just nods in response and I begin the ride home.