Chapter 31:- Story Time, Minus Popcorn

"Somewhat ninety to hundred years ago."

"And she doesn't know?" Lorcan asked.

Damien stood by the window as he answered, "She has no idea, she doesn't even know that her mother was a witch. In fact, Marcella didn't want anyone to know, they only told Connor, in case something happened to them, which I guess, was her fear of her mother."

"She wasn't just a witch," Lorcan said, his voice rose as his eyes full of emotions fell on Damien, "She was royalty for the witches."

"Yeah, I don't think even Connor knows that..." Damien said.

Lorcan sighed and rubbed his temple, "Why didn't she tell them?" he wondered out loud.

"Even though Connor seems to know about Marcella, I don't think he knows about you."

Lorcan glared at Damien and amusement filled the previous alpha's eyes.

"So this woman you brought with you, is she your soul mate?"

Lorcan smiled slightly but shook his head, Damien could see the pain and anger in the eyes of his old friend, "She was in the coven I went to a few years back. A late bloomer, she has magic definitely," Lorcan nodded while speaking, "but still doesn't know how to control it. They treated her so poorly that I brought her with me when I left."

­­"You love her," Damien commented.

"I do." Lorcan smiled, "She balances my craziness out."

"Lorcan..."

"Damien." Lorcan maintained the calm look on his face but his voice was hard. Damien knew when to not push the warlock, so he remained quiet, allowing him to finish. "I know what you will say, and I will tell you what I have a thousand times before. Not every witch or warlock gets a soulmate. I believe I fall under that category. I love Clysmic, it feels like my heart is constricting when I am away from her for long."

"Then maybe she is..."

"There are no sparks," Lorcan whispered, his voice so sad it made the alpha's heart ache. I have waited centuries for my soulmate before I gave up. Now that I have found love, without the meddling of the old gods, I will grasp it with both hands and never let it go. No matter what."

Damien looked at Lorcan who had moved to stand in front of her as he spoke. he saw the pain the warlock tried to hide behind his angry front. It's hard to hide things when they had known each other for so long.

"Okay," Damien sighed but he still looked confused, "Why did you send her back then?"

"She still has a lot to learn, I am not letting her come here if there is a war on our hands."

Damien nodded, "I am happy for your, brother."

"You do realize that I am older than you, like, by a hundred years..." Lorcan spoke flatly and Damien rolled his eyes.

"Do me a favour, and talk to Xavier."

They both sat in silence for a few seconds.

Lorcan remembered how he had found his mate, broken down, defeated, and to be responsible for one's mate's pain, he could only imagine how Xavier was dealing with it.

"She isn't making it any easier huh?" he asked.

"Can you blame her?"

The warlock scoffed, "I am actually glad she isn't. Your son can be quite a stubborn ass sometimes, Damien. If she is making it hard for him, as she should too, all I can say is it is a good match."