Chapter 59:- Unexpected Setbacks

"So much for what?"

A cracking sound resonated throughout the quiet forest as Xavier landed a punch on Max's face, successfully breaking his nose. Max's hand cupped his now broken as he screamed in pain. Another kick from Xavier on the middle of his chest had him skidding a few feet back falling on the floor.

Selena stood back and watched this until a sudden realisation hit her. Most of the hunters were down. Max was right in front of his eyes, alone. So where the hell was Leon? Her eyes widened and she started looking around frantically.

'Alpha, Luna. Asteria and Saanjh, the two witches in the hospital just told us to inform you that Leon might have fled the scene. They only found Max there and no sign of Leon,' Roy linked them. He had opened the channel to both her and Xavier knowing how important capturing Leon was.

"This can't be happening," Selena whispered. When she looked at Xavier, he knew exactly what her next move was going to be.

As Selena ran into the forest in search of Leon, Xavier didn't run after her. But he knew how dirty Leon could play. He turned his head towards his beta.

Max was left amazed as he stared at them. He knew these creatures could communicate telepathically, but to see it first hand? Moreover, this time, he was sure they weren't even saying anything. The beta moved before the alpha could have finished his sentence.

Maybe this was just what happens when you have known a person and worked with them all your life, he wondered.

Xavier saw Max looking up at them with wonder, but his blank face didn't budge. Pulling Max up by his collar, Xavier punched him again, and the third time he punched, he let go of his collar, making him fall on his ass with a thump.

All the warriors remained silent as they saw their alpha's eyes release the glaring old on the hunter as he stepped over the man on the ground and looked at the forest with worry shining in them. With a heavy sigh, Xavier turned back and squatted down to look at the man.

"I should keep you alive," he muttered after pulling Max back up so that he was staring right at Xavier's glowing silver eyes. Xavier made sure that the hunter could see in his eyes how serious he was before he continued, "That way you can die every second of every day. I can then make you relive every nightmare that you made my kind go through for years."

Max's eyes widened in fear, Xavier revelled in the fear of his prey. His inner predator was growling to be let out, to play chase with this pathetic excuse of a human being. The beast wanted blood, and the only weapon Xavier could use to stop Zion from ripping Max to shreds was to promise torture.

"Death is too easy of a punishment for you. You should suffer, get a taste of what it is like to be on the receiving end of the whip."

The alpha almost looked crazy the way he was talking, half of his words were distorted because of the growls a very furious Zion was letting out. But who could blame him?

This man, along with another, used and abused his soul mate for two whole years. Of course he was furious, and nobody dared to question him.

Xavier sighed, once again looking away. Looking at max filled him with disgust like he never knew. However, with that disgust was blinding hot rage.

It wasn't just his soul mate anymore. His mother was currently in the hospital bed fighting for her life; his best friend's lover just gave her life to help them and she didn't even know them! So many warriors are dead. Just because a few humans had a hard time grasping their existence? As much as the witches were to blame, these guys could have taken some smarter decisions too.