Chapter 5:- Mates

"I'd Like that Very Much,"

Selena was sitting in her room. Ileana, who has become quite good friends with her, had just gone back to her room, leaving Selena alone. During her duration of one week here, Selena had become very good friends with both Ileana and her mate the Beta Ryan.

Selena had also discovered that Ileana was actually Xavier's sister. Xavier has two other siblings, a younger sister called Evelyn and another younger brother called Aiden. Ileana and Evelyn are twins, and Aiden is the baby of the family, being the youngest.

Hearing about them reminded her of her own siblings. Selena remembered her brother who was in the army. He was supposed to return this year. Selena had sent him two letters in this one week but she hadn't heard back anything.

Meanwhile, she just took a step out of her room to take a walk when she caught just a glimpse of Ryan entering his room. He was all sweaty and clearly, he just returned from training.

Ryan had become Selena's only best friend in this pack. He made sure that she was comfortable and had everything she needed and things like that. Initially, he did these because his alpha had asked him to. But throughout the week, he had started liking and respecting this she-wolf.

Selena knocked on the door and entered when Ileana opened it. She smiled at them cheerfully, making them greet her with the same cheerful smiles.

"Do you think I can start training?" Selena asked, looking at the couple.

Ryan and Ileana both shared a look, very clearly thinking if it was the right time for her to get back to training, and thinking how Xavier will react about it.

"Well," Ryan began, "You have improved greatly over the week. So, I would say yes." Selena smiled softly and yet anybody who looked at her would understand that she is extremely excited about it. "However," Ryan spoke, making her tilt her head curiously, "You have to ask for permission from our Alpha for this."

"Sure," Selena said instantly, making Ryan raise his eyebrows. He didn't think she will agree to it this easily but he had also understood that Selena is one of the strongest wolves in the world, not only because she was set to be the future alpha of the strongest pack, but also because of her own strength and will power.

____|~.~|____

That evening, Xavier was alone in his office doing some work when he smelt the enchanting vanilla and chocolate smell. His eyes shot immediate to his office door and he knew that his mate just walked past that door.

His mind went back to the first time he had seen her, even though it was in the dungeon of his pack. Selena Wilson, the future alpha of the once strongest pack, now pack-less, homeless. He felt bad for her, he hated the fact that she went through all that pain without him. He wanted to help her. And he was sure that he will too.

What shocked him the most was that she didn't even recognise him as his mate... what kind of shit must have happened to her for it to lead to this? He had been reading up old files and doing some research to know about it.

Xavier had thought that it wouldn't have been a right decision to spring on her the knowledge of them being mates when she didn't even recognise him, and his beta and sister had agreed to this. She had to figure it out by herself that they were mates.

Xavier's heartbeat increased when a soft knock sounded on his office door. Okay, so she didn't just walk by, she's here, he thought.

Clearly his throat, he said, "Come in." before he could panic. He didn't want to keep his mate waiting outside the door.