Chapter 36:- Annoying Interruptions

"I don't see a reason to stop"

Everyone's eyes remained on Selena except for Xavier's. When he turned back to look at her, he found her glaring at someone, he assumed it to be Ethan.

"Are you gonna let him talk to you like that?" Selena asked taking a step forward.

From the corner of his eyes, Xavier saw Connor smirking.

'Enjoying this?' Xavier linked him.

Connor's smirk widened, 'You don't see the fire in her too often nowadays.'

Xavier stopped the slight smile from spreading across his face and opened his mouth to speak to Selena, but she beat him to it.

"Are you, Xavier?"

Selena took a few more steps until she now stood right beside Xavier. Xavier turned to look at Ethan.

"The matter is much different," Xavier said sternly, "The hunters are playing with our minds..."

"And you let him," Ethan interrupted him again, and this time, even Xavier looked angry. He hated being interrupted when he was in the middle of talking. Ethan, ignorant of his alpha's anger, continued, "You let them play with your head and our Luna suffered."

"Was it just him though?" Selena asked. Ethan stayed quiet, not sure what Selena will say, "Step forward, Ethan. Stand beside Stacy here."

Ethan gulped and stood in the ordered spot.

Selena still didn't trust Xavier. The only reason she agreed to give their relationship a chance is that she could see he regretted it, and she still wanted them to work.

"Did you, or did you not help Stacy in tormenting me?"

A few of the wolves gasped, Selena smirked on seeing the scared expression on his face.

"Did you not try your advances on me?" She asked as she stepped down from the podium and stood in front of him, "Did you not try to touch me inappropriately? Did you not hit me and say it was an accident in the most unconvincing tone with that disgusting smirk on your face?"

This was when Xavier's face hardened as well. The guilt hit him again as he thought of everything she had to go through because of him but right now, his focus was on Ethan. Nobody was allowed to behave like that with a pack member, be it an omega or a Luna.

"Because he tried to make us think that you are a traitor!" Selena scoffed on hearing Ethan, "And right now he is going to make another one of our pack members go through the same hell."

"The hell that you all made up for your pack members," Selena countered.

"Why are you defending him? He punished you without a reason!" Ethan screamed which had no effect on the glare that she had directed towards him.

Returning to where she was standing beside Xavier, she spoke loud and clear, "The leaders of your pack took a decision, one that would jeopardize their own personal lives, only to ensure that you all were safe. Yeah, they made the wrong decision, but it was better than doing nothing."

All of the members remained quiet and listened to her.

Xavier hadn't noticed when Ryan had stepped up to stand beside him, but he was glad to get the support of his beta in a situation like this.

"He didn't ask you guys to torture me. That you werewolves did completely on your own, so do not dare pin that off on your alpha and beta. Everyone makes bad judgment calls sometimes, he's not a god. He is your alpha because he is the best among you all and he knows how to do his job. What if I really was a traitor? Would you rather he blindly supported his mate and got you all killed by the hunters?"