Chapter 13:- It's Been Long Enough

Long Chapter Alert!!
Also, I just wanted to thank you all for giving this book a chance... It really means a lot to me! ❤️❤️

____|~.~|____

"I wish I could hate you"

The heat for Selena lasted for four days. Generally, it was for two days only, so the three pack members, one of which was Ileana, had no idea why it lasted four days. However, Selena herself looked so confused that they didn't ask her anything.

It was the end of the third week now. It has been a few days since her heat was over and this time, Selena didn't let Stacy beat her around anymore. Selena made sure that she got enough food for the past few days. She helped around in making the food and cleaning too since after her heat she wasn't made to do everything. But she subtly escaped the scenes whenever she felt like she was being taken advantage of.

One more thing that Selena also made sure to do, was to train secretly.

The day Selena had woken up after the heat, she couldn't deal with the terrifying fear she felt when she couldn't fight off Scott. She had thought that wouldn't have happened if she would have trained and had food in her system.

Selena was sitting on the bed, a little frown on her face, thinking back to what the hell happened. She couldn't fight back Scott? Really? He wasn't that strong. She hadn't considered the fact at all that the heat had considerably weakened her too.

So this time, when Ileana brought her food, she ate it, she did all the works she had and also found time to train. She was blinded, her love for her mate blinded her, yes love. Otherwise, why would she be so heartbroken over him?

She was still not giving up on her soul-mate, but she wasn't gonna completely give herself up for this either.

Selena was contemplating all these while she was cleaning some dishes in the kitchen. Stacy's friends were there, and to shut out their gossips, Selena kept focusing on Izzy. She kept on calling to her wolf and even though Izzy was conscious, she didn't respond.

Selena sighed once she realised that Izzy wouldn't respond. Maybe she was still angry, she thought.

Just as she was about to call Izzy again, the door opened and in came Stacy. She sat with her friends and didn't pay a single glance to Selena.

"Like really, I couldn't sleep the whole time last night. They really need to have quiet sex."

"If I was in that couple's place, I wouldn't have agreed with you. Grayson's moans are the only thing that turns me on the most."

"Stacy, why are you so quiet?" one of them voiced. Selena wanted to scoff but she didn't want to provoke her.

"I might lose the position of the Luna and I can't think of anything about how to keep it. Xavier is not listening to anything I have to say for the last week because of the bitch right here."

Selena felt them all looking at her venomously. But decided to ignore them and continue with her work.

"But why?"

"He is going to some other pack, the pack wanted to join with this pack and they proposed the idea of Xavier mating with the daughter of the alpha of that pack. Xavier is leaving tomorrow to visit them before making his decision. I don't know what to do anymore and....."

This is where Selena zoned out of the conversation and her hands froze. Xavier agreed to mark someone else? After everything she had been doing for him for these last weeks, this is what she gets back?!