Chapter 8:- Perfect Timing, Note the Sarcasm

"God, please not now."

Two weeks had passed by, two whole weeks, and things had only gotten worse for Selena. Selena hadn't seen Xavier even once. As much as she was aware, he was still going out early and coming in late, doing god knows what.

Selena had stopped trying to speak. She didn't care that she was supposed to greet others. She just made sure that she did whatever the others expected her to do. It was like she was running on autopilot. However, deep inside her mind, she was still hopeful that Xavier will see her innocence, so that her mate can once again trust her.

She made sure to wake up early every day, do whatever was expected of her, and keep her mouth shut. That has been her routine. However, the one thing, that no one knew was that at the time when she wasn't doing anything, she was being bullied by Stacy.

In the beginning, it was only Stacy but then slowly, her friends had started taking part too. Selena got food only once a day, so she had become weak. Over that, she worked all day, so she remained tired all the time. Izzy wanted her to fight back, but when Selena refused, Izzy stopped talking to her too. So basically, she had no power to fight them off now even if she wanted to.

None of the leaders knew about this, Stacy made sure to do it whenever no one was around. A few times, some pack members saw them but no one said a word, they were too afraid to go against their beloved warrior. And for those few who did protest, Stacy would spew some shit about how Selena had disrespected their alpha, and they would leave with a disgusted look on their faces.

Selena's hard front was crumbling slowly. Being treated like a monster by someone who is supposed to hate you is still something one can take, but being hated and treated as an abomination by one's own people is worse than torture.

After her time with the hunters, it was the slowest and most painful time of her life. She had lost her will to live. There was no reason for her to wake up every day. Her little light of hope, that she will get her mate back, was also slowly dimming. Will Xavier ever want her again? Will he be able to trust her? After all this... will she be able to trust him?

Stacy had made sure that she attacked every single insecurity Selena ever had...

"You think Xavier wants you after everything you did?"

"You're cheap, used, a traitor, Xavier deserves so much better than you, instead, he's stuck with you."

Stacy always made sure to say these things. One of the reasons was to break her self-esteem; the main reason was to make sure that she didn't fight back, because Stacy knew in her head, that she had no chance against her.

Selena had also heard Stacy often boasting about how she is making progress with Xavier now and that hurt as much as her other words did, if not more.

Selena couldn't find it in herself to not believe this, because often, she'd find Xavier's scent mixed with hers. She didn't cry much about it. She was keeping all of this in, but she didn't know how long.

Right now, while being in the kitchen, Selena was washing the dishes as all these thoughts tortured her mind. Her mind went back to what Xavier had once told her, "You have nothing to worry about. You are the only one I want,"

The words had just reverberated in her mind when suddenly Selena felt like a thousand pins were piercing her body together. It began with pins and then the sensation changed to that of fire. Her whole body felt like she was being burned alive. She started panting as the pain and burn increased throughout her whole body. Selena couldn't understand what was happening, one moment she was all fine and the next she felt like she was being burned alive.