Chapter 11:- They are Still Around

"You are safe with me here"

The files of the income and expense of the pack were opened in front of the alpha as he flipped the pages. He had a whole lot of paperwork left to do. With Evelyn back and now his mate being there too, he always had something or the other on his mind. Either it was something pack related, or he was talking to his siblings, or he was lost in the thoughts of his mate.

He sighed. Xavier, like any other normal person, hated paperwork, Ryan and Roy helped him with it most of the time but then again, he preferred not to make them work more than their share.

Xavier took the pen from the table and was just about to start after five minutes of just staring at the file when the door to his office banged open, making him look up surprised. The very first thing that hit Xavier was the scent of his mate, chocolate and vanilla essence.

Involuntarily, a smile was already on his face when he looked up, but it fell quickly when he saw it was Ileana, Evelyn and Ryan as well. His mate followed the three in the room with an amused smile on her face.

Xavier smiled at them slightly before he looked at Ileana who had banged the door open, "What do you guys want now?"

"Now brother, do we only come to your office when we want something from you?" Evelyn asked with a smirk as she fell on the couch on the other end of the room.

"More often than I'd like to say, yes," Xavier too replied with a smirk.

"How rude," Evelyn muttered, her smirk now turning into a grin.

Xavier too smiled and rolled his eyes, but Ileana spoke up before he could speak, "Oh stop bickering both of you! We have an emergency!" She exclaimed, looking angrily at Xavier.

"Uh..." Xavier muttered. He looked at everyone hoping he'll understand what she is talking about. But Evelyn was still smirking, Ryan stood leaning on the wall with a grumpy look, "Ileana..."

"You," she started, "You are the alpha of our pack and yet you become so dumb sometimes," Ileana said in an exasperated manner.

"What?" Xavier muttered confused, his sister just called him dumb in front of his mate... what? Why?

"Xavier!" she exclaimed again, "Did you really forget that we have only gotten some normal daily clothes for Selena. She needs more clothes, especially for the date, but also otherwise!"

"Shit..." Xavier groaned. How the hell did he forget? He had it in his mind that he was yet to take Selena shopping. She had a few clothes but those were mostly from Ileana and Xavier had bought a few clothes for her, but those were just tops and jeans and sweats.

She definitely didn't have anything to wear that was date material.

"Ryan," he suddenly spoke up, "Accompany them all and get them whatever they need."

Selena's smile fell and Evelyn noticed that. Xavier was still looking at Ryan, he mind linked him, 'Take a couple of warriors with you. The hunters might still be around.'

Ryan nodded. Xavier then looked at Selena. He frowned, even though he didn't see her expression change and Selena was smiling again, he was sure that her smile wasn't completely genuine.

Evelyn smirked, "Hell yes! C'mon, let's go."

She started pulling Selena with her. The girl in the statement herself was pretty confused. She looked at Xavier but he looked equally confused. She then looked at Ryan, standing there with an amused smile on his face.

"Wait wait wait," Xavier stopped them before leaving. He stood up, "You are not even that fond of shopping," he wondered looking at Evelyn, "Why are you so excited?"