Chapter 3:- Coming Back to Senses

"A Fine Line Between Dreams and Memories"

The garden was beautifully lighted with fairy lights everywhere. Xavier was standing with his sister, Ileana, and his best friend, Ryan. He took a sip from the glass he was holding and rolled his eyes at the way Ryan and Ileana were making out.

It had been a delightful experience to know that his beta and best friend was mated to his sister. Xavier knew both of them thoroughly and he knew how well they deserved each other. He knew how excited each of them was and he was happy that they didn't have to wait long to recognize their soul mates.

"Ryan, please stop kissing my sister. I have seen enough of you two making out to last me a lifetime," Xavier muttered as he took another sip. He didn't look once towards them as they spoke. His eyes remained stuck on the girl wearing a blue dress standing on the other side of the garden.

"Brother, your mate is right there. I don't even know why you standing with us right now instead of going and being with her," Ileana muttered as she fixed her hair and stood beside them.

Ileana loved her brother more than anything she has ever known. As their father had always been extremely busy because of their large number of pack members, Xavier had been the one helping her out with everything. However, she hated it when her brother interrupted her make-out sessions with her mate. She hoped he would find his mate soon now as he was already 24 years old. Now that Xavier had found his mate, Ileana couldn't figure out why he wasn't with her.

"Just giving her some space with our parents..." Xavier said. He was pleased to see that his parents and mate were getting along really well. Selena's father and his father had been good friends. Since they were both acting alphas, the only way for them to meet was in the Alpha's Gatherings. Thus, these two had never met, as only the alphas and their mates were to attend this meeting.

"Xavier, it is time for the ceremony," Ryan said and Xavier nodded.

He kept the glass down on a table as he walked by it and approached his family, "It's time." He said with a gentle smile and Selena nodded.

She stood up and Xavier held her hand gently, mostly to remind himself that this beautiful she-wolf, right in front of him, was his. The simple touch was enough for them both to feel the tingle. Selena blushed visibly making Xavier smirk gently, he loved the way she blushed from such a simple touch from him.

They were both lost in the others' eyes until Xavier heard his mother saying how cute they were. He rolled his eyes and smile as he gently tugged her towards the makeshift stage they had built for the ceremony.

"Wolves!" He said in a loud voice and every single person in the garden was then looking at them. Selena stood beside him with confidence and her head held up. She knew that four elders were there in the gathering, standing somewhere among the crowd and she didn't want to give them any extra opportunity to question her.

"Firstly, I wanted to thank you all for being cooperative and being such good pack mates," they all clapped and cheered and some even howled making Selena smile. Xavier too grinned at them and continued, "As you all know, today's ceremony is to welcome a new member into our pack."

This time, they all remained silent. After a long time, a new member was being granted entry into the pack and everyone wanted to know what was so special with this she-wolf.

"I would like you guys to meet Miss Selena Wilson here," Xavier was still holding her hand as he pulled her forward a bit, Selena looked at the eye of every other member in the pack and Xavier continued, "She has been here for a month now. Her pack was wiped out by the hunters two years ago. Yes, she was a member of the Lunar Eclipse Pack. And now, she will be a part of the Ferocious Shadows, she will be one of us. Do any of you have any questions?" He asked and a man from the right side of the ground raised his hand.