Epilogue

"Together,"

The packhouse was in a rush. Everybody could feel the excitement in the air. Since the war ended three days ago and Goddess Selene left the mortal plane, Xavier and Selena have been constantly busy.

With the help of Selena, Xavier was able to keep his promise to Evelyn. Selena held open the portal while Xavier and Ryan travelled to bring Ileana back. Later with the help of Lorcan, Selena had opened another portal for longer to bring back all the other wolves.

With the death of so many warriors, the pack was still in shambles. Some of the mates were not dealing too well with the death of their other halves. It was up to the alpha to make sure they were around others and not left alone. Xavier also had to take care of the funeral of all the fallen warriors. Seeing as they gave up their lives under his command, Xavier was not going to disrespect them by not being there himself.

It was like a mass funeral. More than thirty warriors had died. Only a few lost their lives to the bullets and while trying to protect the pack safe house, most of them fell victim to the poison the hunters injected them with.

One of them being Seth and Xavier's own mother.

Selena had been very busy too. She tried to be there for Xavier as much as she could but while Xavier needed to take care of the obvious things, Selena focused on the other things. She focused on making sure that every pack member was dealing with their post-war emotions and notbottling them up.

Damien was holding on better than she had assumed, which provided her great relief, but she hadn't been able to see the one man she had been meaning to talk to.

While sitting by the window in her and Xavier's room, Selena watched as cars after cars filled with luggage left from the front of the packhouse.

Lorcan had suggested opening a portal for the pack with the help of Selena, Asteria and Saanjh but Xavier denied it. He didn't want to tire the witches and warlocks out when he had the means to get the work done.

Selena sighed but couldn't help but smile that spread across her face. Before her departure, Goddess Selene had said that they were to move to the palace of the previous werewolf king, which the Goddess had renovated with her magic and power.

The Elders' Council had contacted Xavier and it was decided that they would come to meet them in their new home. As much as Selena respected the elders, she hadn't forgotten her little chat with Elder Zoltar and she had seen and heard him disrespecting Xavier. She couldn't wait to see the look on his face while he had to address Xavier as the King.

After all the cars exited from her sight, Selena got up from her seat and left the room. She went straight down the stairs to the lobby of the packhouse. Even with so many cars leaving, Selena had expected the packhouse to be still crowded. The pack wolves were already moving their luggage and all getting ready for the shift. However, Evelyn, Aiden, Connor and Jayce were sitting there talking.

Even after three days, every time Selena saw her family still together, alive and more or less happy, she couldn't control the sense of peace that engulfed her. She had almost lost all of them... almost.

On seeing Selena, they all smiled cheerfully at her. There was still a visible amount of pain in their faces, and rightfully so, they just lost their mother, but she could see how much they were trying to be okay.

Selena grinned at them seeing them cuddling with their partners. However, when she finally noticed the warlock for the first time after the war, she couldn't stop herself from going to him first.

"I am sorry," she whispered as she settled down beside him. She didn't know Clysmic but the fact that Lorcan loved her was enough for her to come to the conclusion that she was special.