Chapter 58:- At The Cost Of What?

"You don't need that heart,"

Everybody was still in shock. The werewolves were in awe while the hunters, for the first time that night, shivered in fear. Nobody noticed when she started levitating even though their eyes followed her, slowly rising above them all as a bright purple glow came from within her.

The first time she was converging with Inara.

Lorcan watched the scene with a small smile, while Xavier was in complete amazement. Bright, fluorescent purple lines seemed to surround her, dancing around her as she rose higher. The light grew only a little brighter, and by the time she started coming back to the ground, Xavier could clearly see the purple shining iris of her eyes.

The glow vanished, and there stood Selena in front of them.

She looked magnificent. She looked like a true queen.

Her eyes were the first thing to catch everyone's attention. The taunting, evil kind of smirk that had also settled on her face looked so much unlike her that it almost seemed surreal. Inara was completely on the surface and the one thing that Selena was scared of, that she might not be able to find a balance with her witch, seemed to be futile since Inara and Selena were working together just fine.

Initially, Selena had taken her time to look over the whole field, including all the hunters and werewolves, her family included. Xavier couldn't get over how intoxicating her purples eyes looked as he stared at her completely oblivious to the world around him.

The hunters were too shocked themselves to notice it, but her family was very much aware of the emotions of their alpha. Some of them smiled and looked away but the ones like Aiden kept looking in between the two, waiting for a reaction from Xavier.

Selena's feet raised above the ground as she started levitating. When her eyes landed on Xavier, they stayed there longer than on anyone else as the smirk slowly turned into a smile.

'You okay?' She asked him through their mind link. Xavier blinked as her voice brought him out of the daze. Pride, respect, and love were shining in his eyes as he drank in the sight of her. Xavier didn't even notice when the smile tool over his face as he nodded to answer his mate.

Ryan, Connor, and the other wolves looked away. Their animal instincts allowed them to see more than just outwardly visible. It made them feel as if made them feel like they were intruding in a very intimate moment between their leaders.

Selena turned her head and looked at the rest of her family. None of them except Lorcan had expected the huge show that Inara put up. They all looked shocked and proud as well, but Selena's only concern was to check if they were hurt. They weren't. She stopped the frown from taking over her face as it seemed very strange that they didn't have any injuries. She decided to leave that topic for later.

Selena turned her head to look at Jayce and Evelyn on the other side. Both of them looked okay too, healed even.

When did Saanjh get the time to heal so many of them? She thought curiously.

With relief and newfound energy to finally end this damn war, she turned towards the hunters. Her eyes fell on a hunter standing on the far left, a larger than normal knife in his hand, the blade red with blood. She didn't know how, but she knew that the blood in the knife was her mate's.

She stared at the man with her head slightly tilted as he stared back at her in horror. None of them had any idea what was going on.

However, when the knife fell from the man's hand, and he flinched while looking at them, they noticed how abnormally blue his hands were.