Chapter 55:- Gathering Allies

"This is way bigger isn't it?"

When Damien had cut ties with Lorcan to go on his own little adventure, he had no clue how he was going to proceed. Going to another country is one thing... but travelling continents, leaving his pack to fight when a war can break out any moment? Not so much.

However, with more than a little moral support from Adriana, Damien had finally taken the step. After stepping on the soil of Asia, in the Indian subcontinent, he was then tormented by another subject.

Shardul had no idea that he was visiting, nobody in the Warrior Pack did. What would he say? How would he face them, especially Saanjh?

Damien didn't know that Lorcan had met with Asteria after she had been taken. That day with everyone around, when Lorcan revealed this particular piece of information, he had been shocked, more than that he had felt betrayed. But he didn't bring it up.

The decision he took to not tell anyone about his sudden departure was also because he didn't want to risk Stacy knowing it. He had no idea how many wolves he had lost to the mind games of the hunters. He couldn't risk anyone reporting it to the hunters. He had hoped that his children would handle the situation maturely, even with his sudden departure.

Without the direct knowledge of where the Warrior Pack was and with no help of any witch or warlock, it took Damien and Adriana more than a few days to locate the pack. Even continents across, they had to be cautious. They had taken detours and paid extra attention to make sure that they weren't followed but as they said, nothing is 'too careful' when hunters are concerned.

Alpha Shardul had been sitting in his office, just enjoying the beauty of the mountains through the window, when a knock sounded on his door.

His eyes didn't blink away from the scenery that always seemed to leave him mesmerised when his beta entered the room and bowed his head in respect, "Someone came to meet you, sir. They are saying it is urgent."

"I don't remember having any plans with anyone today, Adarsh," he said in a low, relaxed voice.

"They are not from here. But they say that you know them."

"And do they have names?" Shardul asked, his eyes still on the scenery. He didn't need to look at his beta's son to know that the guy was red from embarrassment. Shardul often wondered how the easily embarrassed boy would be his loudmouthed son's beta but the more he saw them interact, he could proudly say that they would make a great team.

"Damien and Adriana Martinez," Adarsh said lowering his head in an attempt to hide the blush on his cheeks.

Shardul finally turned around on hearing that with a little smile on his face, "They are friends, Adarsh. Bring them in."

Adarsh nodded his head and turned around with the door still opened. He seemed to be saying something to someone behind the door and in the very next second, he opened the door wider and in walked Damien and Adriana.

"Damien, my friend!" Shardul said in his loud voice as he rose up to give Damien a hug. Damien hugged him back with equal enthusiasm and the two patted each other's back, making Adriana smile at them.

Adriana hadn't really spent much time with Shardul and his pack members so she just knew them as Damien's friends.

Shardul bowed his head at Adriana with respect and the Luna bowed back, then two then proceeded to shake each other's hand.

"You could have told me you were coming here, I would have arranged for someone to pick you up from the airport, or maybe I would have gone myself, who knows," Shardul said as he signalled them to take a seat and sat down himself.