Chapter 19:- On My Way To Recovery

"He is being a good alpha"

Two days had gone by extremely slowly. Adriana had not been talking to anyone. She stayed in her room and went out only to visit Selena. She only spoke to three of her children but didn't pay any heed to her mate or her oldest son.

Damien walked into the room while Adriana was reading a book lying on the bed.

He had another meeting with Ryan and Xavier. Connor had joined them too, on Xavier and Damien's request. They were discussing all the things they had received and all the evidence that Xavier had found even though it led to nowhere. But it didn't lead them anywhere.

Damien took off his shirt and threw it in the wash basket. He was planning to go shower but seeing Adriana in the room, he stopped and looked at his wife.

Their silence in the last two days had put a large amount of strain on their mate bond as well and Damien was desperate to mend it.

"Adriana?" he muttered as he sat beside her on the bed but she didn't even spare him a glance.

"C'mon, love. It's been two days, talk to me," He begged but Adriana still didn't pay him any heed.

Damien's patience was running low now. He had been trying for two days, and in his eyes, he had done nothing to be ignored like this.

He firmly took the book away from her hands and spoke again, "Adriana, I know you are upset with what Xavier has done but..."

"Upset?" she asked her husband, for the first time in two days, "I am not just upset, I am living in the past for two days, Damien. Every time I look at you or Xavier, I cannot help but think..."

When her voice drifted off, Damien's face became pained too. He stopped looking at his wife and his face lowered with shame. He didn't know Adriana was feeling that bad.

Adriana also saw the change in his face. Her strong façade weakened on seeing the hurt look. She couldn't understand for the love of the goddess, why she came to a conclusion without even talking to his son.

"I made a mistake, Adriana, I made a mistake years ago. I hurt you, and I am so, so sorry for that, but it's been years, I..."

Adriana crawled on the bed towards Damien and wrapped her arms around him in a hug. Damien closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around his mate as well.

"I didn't want this, I didn't want to make you sad or bring this up again."

"You were struggling with the memories, after seeing her in the hospital," Damien whispered. "You should have told me that day only, baby."

"I thought I will get over it." She mumbled, her face still resting on the crook of his neck.

"I am so sorry for everything, since the time we met to..."

"Don't," she stopped him, "You have apologized for the past a lot of times already."

"Apparently not enough."

Adriana was going to speak again but Damien pushed her back slightly and smiled sadly.

"Sit, let me tell you about the talk I had with Xavier."

Damien explained things to her as clearly as he could about the things he learned from Xavier.

"All the leads led to a dead-end like they vanished just? He said magic?" Adriana asked worried now.

Damien nodded solemnly.

"You really think it is possible? Why the witches be helping the hunters?" Adriana spoke thoughtfully,