Chapter 21:- Never Too Late To Try

So..... We crossed the 700 reads mark! 🥺🥺
So yayyyy ❤️❤️
Thank you all for giving this book a chance, it means a lot to me 🥺❤️

Okay so back to the story then...

____|~.~|____

"Leave me alone, Alpha Xavier"

 Connor entered the alpha's office to find Xavier sitting on his chair just looking out the window. He wanted to go meet his mate before he went to see Selena, who was getting out of the hospital on that day.

Xavier turned on sensing Connor and gave him a smile, asking him to sit down. Connor did feel bad when he saw Xavier, the man looked tired, exhausted even. There was lethargy in his movements and he had dark circles under his eyes.

However, whatever empathy Connor felt for Xavier was not as strong as seeing his sister on the hospital bed.

"You called?" he asked as he sat on the chair.

"Yeah, I was wondering if you'd like to be a member of this pack." Connor raised his eyebrows without saying anything, he certainly hadn't expected that question at least not so soon.

Xavier saw the confusion on Connor's face and spoke again, "Selena's been accepted into this pack. I don't know what her decision will be about staying here in future but I'd like to believe that I'll be able to make up to her and she'd choose to stay here. She'd want her brother with her."

Connor nodded thoughtfully.

"Also, since you are not a part of any pack right now, and you are Evelyn's mate, I think you would like to settle here."

That's when Connor looked a bit caught off guard. Xavier smiled slightly but didn't let it turn into a grin.

"Evelyn came to me yesterday."

"I don't know what she told you but..."

"Connor," Xavier stopped him, "I don't wanna intrude in your relationship. But as her brother, I'd just request you; please, don't take my anger out on her, or on my other family members."

"I had a moment of weakness. I didn't mean to take it out on her or Ileana."

"I hope so because my sister didn't do anything to get her heart broken by her mate."

"Neither did mine, Xavier." Connor retorted angrily. When he saw that Xavier was not going to respond, he stood up and walked to the door.

"Look," he paused to say a few words, "I don't wanna fight you. You are not actually the problem here, at least not for me, but I cannot just overlook every bit of pain you've caused my sister. Also, when it comes to Evelyn, I will talk to her. Don't worry, I won't hurt her."

"I wanted you to be the Head Warrior of this pack."

"So soon?"

"With the hunters just around the corner, I need to talk to my allies and a lot of other important stuff, and I'd need Ryan with me. You are the one man I can trust."

"Sure," Connor shrugged, "That'd be nice."

"Great, I'll introduce you to the pack tomorrow before training."

"Cool."

When Connor walked out of the room, he saw Ryan and Evelyn standing around the corner and talking. He walked up to them and smiled.

"I was just going to find you."

"You found me," Evelyn said with a smile that seemed fake.

"Okay so... did you tell Xavier about us being mates? Because I don't know when he found out the time to figure that out."