Chapter 54:- Facing The Demons

"We have to wait."

Selena could hear her own heart thumping against her chest. Her hands slowly started trembling and she could feel the hyperventilation beginning.

A faint sense of dread and panic had started creeping into her very soul before she felt the calmness starting to take over.

'You aren't alone this time, darling,' she heard in her head accompanied by the growling sound of Izzy.

Slow, steady footsteps approached Selena as she remained kneeling on the floor beside Elijah. With the help of Inara and Izzy, Selena finally was able to stop her trembling hands before she opened her eyes.

Jayce growled and came forward to her, to stand in between her and the man. Evelyn remained on the side, with the warrior beside her, ready to attack on her command.

Four of the warriors who had gone to check on the dungeon were also back and standing by her side. However, the warriors from the meeting room were still not there. Evelyn couldn't help but wonder if they were caught already.

Selena finally stood up. Elijah was still groaning on the floor at her feet. She turned around and her eyes fell on the man evilly smirking at her. Selena held Jayce's arm and pushed him moved him aside slightly so that she could stand face to face with the man.

Inara and Izzy both provided her with as much comfort and strength as they could, all the while keeping their anger in check because if they could, they would have ripped the poor excuse of a man wide open right then.

"Leon," Selena said as she looked straight at the eyes of the man, ignoring the rage of her beasts trying to consume her.

Leon grinned evilly and smacked his lips. "Long time, sweetheart." He looked around the whole room, his eyes staying on the werewolves before they returned to her with a glint in them, "and you brought friends too."

Selena remained quiet. She was standing still and her eyes were calmly focused on Leon before she glimpsed past him. There were at least five hunters here with Leon. That was a relief because she was sure that ten werewolves were enough to take on them, especially if she could shield them with her magic against their bullets, form a barrier with the help of her control over air.

"I missed you," Leon whispered as he extended his hand. Just before he could touch her though, another voice spoke up.

"Stay the fuck away from her," Jayce said.

"Tchk..." Leon shook his head and dropped his hand before turning towards Jayce. He assessed Jayce, who was continued to keep his glare on the man, before turning to Selena with a small smile. "Is it a speciality of the Lunar Eclipse Pack? Were all of you so feisty?"

"You would have gotten to see our speciality if you hadn't attacked us like a coward," Selena said with a poker face, making Leon grin widen even more than before.

Leon chuckled, "Maybe so. However," he turned towards Jayce, the previous grin vanishing as his lips settled in a straight line and eyes turned lethal, "I hate it when you mutts interrupt me."

In the very next second, he was on the ground, screaming agonizingly while holding his head in his hands.

"What...?" Evelyn mumbled, her eyes frantically looking around.

'She's here,' Selena linked them as soon as she could feel the aura of someone immensely powerful in the room.

"We found these mutts in the back room," said someone as five more hunters brought in the four warriors. They were all beaten black and blue while bleeding profusely from more than just a few places in their bodies.