Chapter 4:- Things We Do for Love

"I Understand What He is Doing"

Selena was staring out the window as she couldn't sleep.

It had been four days since Xavier had announced her punishment. Even though Selena had thought that she will do whatever she can to convince Xavier of her innocence, she wasn't ready for all that she had to face.

Demoting a wolf to the rank of an omega was a very serious and rare punishment. She knew about the punishment, but she didn't know what kinds of incidents follow that. Betrayal is on the highest level of offence for the wolves. But she thought these people were her family, she hadn't expected it to be this bad.

The past four days had been hard and Selena was still getting used to it. She was used to waking up early as it was her habit when she was being trained to be an alpha. Never did she feel too lethargic to wake up. But now it was pure torture, and she didn't know how long she'll be able to take it.

However, she didn't wanna give Stacy another chance to abuse her again. So getting up and washing her face, she headed to the kitchen to make breakfast for everyone.

On the night that she received her 'punishment', Selena had gone on a run to let her wolf out. Izzy however, didn't talk to her at all. She was furious. Yes, she loved her mate already, but she loved her human more. As a wolf, she was more prone to not wanting to lose her mate and the family she had made. But it also hurt her pride that Xavier believed those allegations; and above all these, Izzy was more protective over her human than anything else/ it made her see red that her human trying to prove when she didn't need to. Selena however, just wanted her family back.

When they returned that night, Stacy was waiting for her on the main gate of the packhouse with a smirk plastered on her face.

"Xavier," she paused, to rub it in her face that she can call him Xavier whereas Selena has to stick to 'alpha', "asked me to show you to your new room."

Seeing her, for the first time that night, Selena felt angry. That smirk on her face made it very clear that this girl definitely had something to do with the whole incident. From the moment Selena had seen her, she knew Stacy had a thing for Xavier. However, Xavier didn't pay much attention to it; for him, Stacy was always just one of his close friends and this was just a phase which she would get over once she found her mate.

Selena nodded and Stacy walked in front of her as she followed. She was lead to a room on the far end on the ground floor, away from the rooms of all the warriors. Stacy opened the door and walked in.

"This is your room," she said, raising her arms up, "On Xavier's order I have moved a few of your clothes here." Selena went to the cupboard and opened it, there were only a few sets of clothes here, four, to be more precise. When Selena turned to look at Stacy again, she had that cruel grin on her face, "C'mon, girl. As an omega, you don't need so many clothes anymore. These are enough. I hope you don't have a problem. I took the rest of your clothes"

Selena hadn't said anything and had just nodded her head. Stacy smiled sweetly at her, "You know Selena, as a demoted omega, you are inferior to all of us now," she stood in front of her suddenly and before Selena could blink, a hard slap sounded in the room as she felt the sting in her cheek. Selena looked at Stacy with wide eyes as her fury was rising now, "Respond with words when someone talks to you."

Stacy had left the room leaving Selena struggling to hold her fury under control.

As a demoted omega, she had to now serve the pack with everything she had and she will only get a chance at a normal life again if the alpha thinks she has served enough of her punishment. The very next morning, Ryan had given her a list of jobs that she had to do now.