Chapter 47:- Truce

"So can I call you Papa?"

When Aiden reached the cliff, he found Selena and Lorcan drenched in water. Lorcan was barely hanging on, trying to hold off his laughter while Selena was fuming.

"What the hell, Lorcan?!"

"What?!" Lorcan asked before he finally burst out in laughter, "It isn't my fault that you pronounced the word wrong!"

Aiden raised an eyebrow as he still stood a little bit away and stared at the two individuals. As much as he could tell that Lorcan was being his normal self, it was pretty clear that Selena was pissed.

"I did not pronounce it wrong," Selena seethed, making Aiden's eyes widen.

Lorcan seemed to be thoughtful for a while but then his eyes lit up, "Oops, I might have then given you the wrong spell."

"I am so not doing this right now."

Selena turned around and started walking away from Lorcan while the latter still stood there with a smile.

"Princess, relax. It isn't that easy. It will come to you with time."

"That's what I don't have, Lorcan!" She shouted turning around, her eyes bright purple. Aiden's eyes widened and Lorcan too stilled. "Time is the one thing I don't have. They have a witch, one who is far stronger than me. They have silver weapons. Damien and Adriana are god knows where and, and..."

Selena fell on her knees with her head in her hands. Lorcan was right beside her in the very next second, so was Aiden.

"Princess, c'mon... trust your gut. If they have one witch, we have two. You might be new to this but I have lived long as long as her. So trust me when I say that even if you can't do it now your instincts will react in time. Don't stress so much."

"How can I not?"

"Selena, we are all here, together. And we will fight, but we can't if you lose your shit."

"I know..." she sighed.

They all remained silent for a little while until Lorcan spoke up.

"Aiden, walk her to her room and make sure to inform Xavier as well. I have some work to do."

Saying this, and with a pat on Selena's back, Lorcan stood up and started walking.

A little distance away from the packhouse is an area from where the river flowed through the territory. As soon as Lorcan was close to the river, he felt the presence of Jayce.

Jayce was still exploring the pack and that day after training, he found himself beside the riverbank. The river wasn't too deep. Jayce found himself sitting there, enjoying the feel of the water flowing through his toes.

As he sat there, his mind went back to Nicholas, who he knew was just playing with the pack pups. He had left him there with the babysitters of the pack and the presence of Ileana there only reassured him more.

Now that he was relaxed about his son, his thoughts went back to his mate. The moment Aiden had accused him of not even being able to recognize his own mate his heart had shattered.

Jayce's thinking out loud alerted Lorcan of his thoughts. Now that the warlock had told Selena everything, it was time that he told Jayce the whole thing too.

"The witches wanted to get one of their puppets into the pack."

Jayce was startled and turned to look at Lorcan who just took a seat beside him, leaning on a tree.

"They needed someone close to the alphas but not them because they couldn't risk Marcella knowing. So they chose you."

Jayce just smiled sadly. His eyes still remained on the water.