《 5 》

*The following chapter takes place the day before the past chapter. There's still three days before the New Years Event.*

I lazily looked at my father, who complained about the wheelchair he was sitting on

I lazily looked at my father, who complained about the wheelchair he was sitting on. The accident happened nine years ago, yet he's still complaining. God, how the hell have I survived with the man I call father.

"And I don't get the point! It was just on my back, nothing else. If it weren't for your mother I'd still be the leader." He scoffed, quickly whirling around towards the door. "And make sure whoever stole those drug shipments pays." His tone suddenly deepened. I simply raised an eyebrow. Like I'm not taking care of it right now.

"Alessandro, calm down." My mother spoke as she walked in. His angered expression dropped. I rolled my eyes, ignoring the both of them as he pulled my mother down to kiss her lips.

My phone rang, and I looked down at the caller ID before picking it up. "Xavier, che cos'è?" I stood up, stepping in front of the glass window beside my desk.

[What is it]

"Sono in sartoria a prendere gli abiti per l'evento di Las Vegas. Il tuo era blu marino o nero?" He asked. I swear I could see the grin on his face without him even being here.

[I'm at the tailor shop getting the suits for the Las Vegas event. Yours was marine blue or black?]

"Smettila di fottermi, sai che il mio è nero. Idiota." I scoffed, he really likes getting on my nerves. He snickered, quickly ending the call.

[Stop fucking with me, you know mine's a black one. Dumbass.]

As I walked over to the exit, I put the phone in my pocket, grabbing my grey jacket and throwing it over my shoulder. I'm in the mood for some whiskey right now. And what better place to have a drink, other than my own private bar.

As I walked outside, I noticed my car pulling up. The guard inside it stepped out, leaving the door open and motioning for the front gates to open. We've been working together for quite awhile now. They all know whenever I'm going out, whether I'm in the mood for drinking, basically read me.

In the blink of an eye, I drove past the gates. I stopped in a red light, running my hand through my hair as I leaned back.

Whoever stole the drug shipments is skilled, those are surrounded by lots of guards. If they managed to get past them unseen, there's only one explanation. They're not just any thief, it's either another Mafia, or a traitor.

I pulled up in front of a ramp which led underground. A familiar car pulled up behind me, but I ignored it. The sound of my car's engine echoed through the whole parking lot as I entered it. I drove up to my reserved spot. The distant sound of soft music could be heard from outside the bar. Right as I stepped out and locked my car, a guard walked out the bar, stopped when he saw me and went back in. I made my way over to the entrance, opening the door to the bar.