《 8 》

-Recommended Music-

Maintenant, Rupa & The April Fishes:https://youtu.be/-FvVRYCRFC8

Neruda, Rupa & The April Fishes: https://youtu.be/8AWeJb5kW0M

Kiss of Fire, Hugh Laurie: https://youtu.be/K8ycAEiokxA

be/K8ycAEiokxA

Wait, what?

The woman in the long red dress stood out from the rest of the group. The whole ballroom went silent as she walked over to us, the sound of her heels echoing throughout the room. She looked confident, powerful, and dangerous. I couldn't see much of her face due to the black mask on her face which covered her forehead, nose and part of her cheeks. I noticed a red lion imprinted on the side of it, the Spanish Mafia's symbol.

She stepped between me and Aleksander, the Russian leader. Neither of us dared to look at her directly or turn our heads towards her. I kept looking straight ahead, hiding the surprise I was feeling. A woman, leading a Mafia, that's something I never thought I'd see, yet I was standing beside one.

"The selected dance partners may now step closer." The American Don spoke. A woman from each Mafia stepped closer to us, Sofía stepping beside me. At the first dance of the night, the leaders dance with the other leaders, accompanied by a member of their own Mafia as a symbol of peace. In the Donna's case, a man stepped beside her. She was so tall, he only towered over her by one or two inches.

At the other side of the room, a woman stepped on the stage, soft music beginning to play. Each pair got in position, Sofia, the woman I selected as my dance partner placing her hand on my shoulder. I held her other hand as we waited for the woman to begin singing. Over her shoulder, I could see the rest of the pairs already in position.

Once the woman began singing, I took a step backwards, beginning to sway at the music. We pulled away from each other, performing a deep bow before I pulled Xiomara back into my arms. I let her go once again, stepping back as I put my arms behind my back. I watched as the women began to sway in the middle of the floor, raising one of their hands while performing delicate movements with it. Their other hand held onto their gown. I decided not to pay too much attention to the Spanish Donna, who would occasionally glance my way.

After a few minutes, the women swayed back towards the men. I wrapped my arm around Xiomara's waist, pulling her close as we approached the center of the dance floor. She leaned back over my arm, dipping down before I twirled her around. I watched as she fell on the Mexican leader's arms, while I caught Aleksander's partner in my arms.

"Mr. D'Amico. Pleasure dancing with you tonight." She chirped, a small smirk flashing over her expression while her hands traveled up my chest. I nodded my head in response, ignoring her as she attempted to flirt with me. As soon as it was time to switch partners again, I quickly twirled her around. I fought the urge to snicker as she stumbled.