《 15 》

I crossed my arms, carefully observing

I crossed my arms, carefully observing. A slight amount of compassion fell over me for Hale once I saw Gabriella knee him down there. She left him crouching down on the ground, before walking towards the one who held the bat.

Before she reached for it, lots of cars began to appear through the driveway. They all surrounded the ones that were around the two of them. I stepped back after watching how each one of the drivers stepped out of the cars, aiming guns at them.

As I stood beside Xavier, I observed how she froze and looked around. Her expression showed frustration once she realized the situation she was in. The circle of men that accompanied her pulled out their guns, aiming them at Hale, who had grabbed her from behind. But so did the ones that surrounded her men.

At this point, if one of them pulled the trigger, they'd start a whole war right here and I'd probably lose my chance to confirm my suspicions of Gabriella being the other target whoever's-been-plotting-against-me mentioned. Wait-

I turned back to look at Xavier, who closed my car's passenger's door closed once he left my mother inside. Seeing what was happening, and what I was about to do wouldn't do anything but disturb her even more. Xavier raised an eyebrow at my next words.

"Bring the rest of our men, and quick." I ordered, quiet enough so only he could hear while my eyes remained glued to the scene in front of me. He slowly nodded his head before complying.

A few moments later, I felt a few presences behind me. Without sparing them a look, I reached for the gun in my waistband before muttering. "Counter arrest the Americans. On my signal."

Without another word, they all began to spread out, guns in hand. The rest of the group seemed to be oblivious to our actions, except one. As I sneaked undetectably around them, my eyes met a pair of emerald green ones which reflected in the lamp posts that surrounded the area. If I'm being honest, the way she stood so calmly and the way her eyes bore into mine seemed- majestic, like out of those movies Xiomara spends most of her time watching- wait, the hell am I thinking-

I hid behind the red Porsche's open door, watching how both Hale and Gabriella's backs faced me. After waiting for a quick moment, I gave an approving nod.

My men began to appear behind the Americans, wrapping their arms around their necks and placing their guns around their temples. The Spaniards seemed to notice this, a confused look appearing on their faces. But that look was washed off when I slowly walked over to Hale.

His eyes widened as I grabbed his shirt, yanking him away from Gabriella. The scowl he already wore grew even more once he noticed it was me, placing my gun right in his neck.

Gabriella turned around, facing us. The proximity between the both of us was barely a few inches, with Hale in the way. I managed to get a good look at her face, especially her eyes. They seemed to capture my attention ever since I first saw them.