《 16 》

"Very well

"Very well." He replied while his hand held mine. His touch was actually gentle, contradicting his visible strong arms which made you expect an extremely rough grip- or maybe he was just holding back because of me.

My phone began to ring, causing me to let go of his hand so I could reach for it. After I looked at the caller ID, I looked back at Angelo, who raised an eyebrow. "If you'll excuse me..."

With that, I stood up and walked away, creating space between the both of us as I answered. "Denise?"

"Vengo con Isabella en mi carro, estamos llegando al aeropuerto." She replied, her words being confirmed as I heard the loud sound of her car's engine in the background.

[I'm coming with Isabella in my car, we're arriving at the airport.]

"Está bien, voy para allá."I said, before ending the call. I turned around, only to see Angelo standing up with his arms crossed while he looked at me.

[Okay, I'm coming]

"We'll stay in contact Mr. D'Amico." I began, walking towards him. He nodded, a stern look taking over his expression.

"I'll be retiring now, there's still a few things I have to take care of." He excused himself. I watched as he turned around and made his way out of the jet and down the set of stairs.

My eyes fixed on what I recognized to be Denise's car approaching. I walked down the stairs, waiting for her to pull up in front of the jet. As soon as she did, I opened the passenger's door, to see Isabella with her eyes closed, tightly holding Mateo's blazer around her shoulders.

I kneeled beside her, softly touching her arm to gain her attention. Her eyes slowly fluttered open before she looked at me. "Come on, we're going home..." I whispered, soothingly running my hand through her hair and placing a few strands behind her ear.

"Gabriella-Boss" I felt a tap on my shoulder, the voice belonging to Nathan. He stood beside me, while his gaze was fixed on Isabella. It was a warm one, instead of the cold one he usually wore.

I sighed. "You can call me Gabriella, Nathan. I don't mind..." I muttered, carefully helping Isabella out of the car.

"Here, let me help." He added, extending his hand. Isabella took it as he stepped closer to her. His arm wrapped around her legs and the other around her waist, picking her up bridal style. She wrapped her arms around his neck, while resting her head on his shoulder.

As he began to carry her to the jet, I looked over his shoulder. My eyes met Angelo's, who looked my way while leaning against a limousine. I nodded my head his way, before he returned the nod.

"Gaby?" I turned as soon as I heard Isabella call out to me, ignoring Angelo's gazing from afar. She had stopped Nathan from going any further up the stairs while struggling to keep her eyes open.