《 32 》

"A rat?" I questioned, now paying attention to Xavier

"Yes Miss Díaz, a rat." He confirmed, leaning forward on his seat. "Because this letter was tied to the front gate this morning." Xavier explained, reaching for his back pocket and pulling out a grey envelope.

Before I could reach for it, Angelo grabbed my wrist and pushed my hand away so he could grab it. I thought he was going to open it and read it for himself but instead opened it and gave it to me.

I reluctantly grabbed it and was about to begin reading but furrowed my eyebrows when I realized it was written in Italian.

"Gabriella, Angelo, pensavi che scappare su un'isola ti avrebbe tenuto lontano dal mio radar? Sono più vicino di quanto pensi. E mi assicurerò che ti pentirai di essere nato."

Angelo then leaned closer to me, to the point where his shoulder was pressed against mine. My eyebrows raised in realization when he began translating, but the first thing he said sent a shiver down my spine; his thick Italian accent not making it easier on me. "Gabriella,"

"Angelo," He began, making me realize how weirdly attractive his name sounded when he said it- Oh for fuck's sake I'm gonna shut up now.

"Did you think running off to an island would keep you off my radar? I'm closer than you think. And I'll make sure you regret being born."

I looked up at Xavier and Angelo who both shared a few looks. "Okay, what's on your mind?" I asked, earning a raised eyebrow from Angelo after I nudged him with my elbow.

"I was thinking we could keep it a secret. Just between us three, because if we actually had a rat, they'd probably find out that we already know. That's in case we went over everyone and interrogated them." Angelo explained.

He's got a point there. It could be more dangerous if this person found out. But let's just hope that this person's oblivious to this...

"What do you say Díaz?" He asked, watching Xavier nod his head in agreement.

"You're right. It's safer that way." I replied. "But did you check the gates' security cameras?"

"I was going to do that, but they glitch. And by the time you get a clear view, the envelope is already there." Xavier said as he grabbed the letter and peered at it.

"Did you try hacking them?" I questioned, causing him to slump his shoulders in defeat while Angelo just leaned back on his seat.

"Yup. But it's like that clip never existed. Camera glitched, couldn't see who was it." He shrugged, plopping down on his chair with a thud.

"Actually, give me a second." I muttered as an idea popped inside my head. We could get another go at hacking it, and who better to help us with that than Denise.